RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Page Setup paper size settings won't stay

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Page Setup paper size settings won't stay Michael F Uschold 25 Dec 23:40
  Page Setup paper size settings won't stay Sven Neumann 25 Dec 23:48
  Page Setup paper size settings won't stay Pepere 19 Jan 19:53
BB564C7C10B0F64C90675B1BFED... 07 Oct 20:20
  Page Setup paper size settings won't stay Michael F Uschold 26 Dec 18:30
   Page Setup paper size settings won't stay Sven Neumann 27 Dec 09:47
Michael F Uschold
2009-12-25 23:40:49 UTC (over 14 years ago)

This is the sequence of events:

1. I enter Page Setup, where the current page size is set to, say Letter 2. I change the paper size to be 6x4 3. I click OK.
4. I enter Page Setup again. The current page size is still Letter. It should have changed to 6x4.

If I change the paper size to Legal, or some other size, it works. The margins settings also get saved correctly if I change them.

There is something about 6x4 that it is choking on. Any hints?

Michael

Sven Neumann
2009-12-25 23:48:25 UTC (over 14 years ago)

On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 14:40 -0800, Michael F Uschold wrote:

1. I enter Page Setup, where the current page size is set to, say Letter
2. I change the paper size to be 6x4 3. I click OK.
4. I enter Page Setup again. The current page size is still Letter. It should have changed to 6x4.

If I change the paper size to Legal, or some other size, it works. The margins settings also get saved correctly if I change them.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=505123

Sven

Michael F Uschold
2009-12-26 18:30:52 UTC (over 14 years ago)

The only workaround seems to be fairly radical: print from other software. What are some recommended free software tools that I can use for this workaround? The Windows photo manager (or whatever it is called) is no longer available after a two month free trial on my new netbook. What are other good options for me to use as a workaround? I may need to install something.

SUGGESTION: for all bugs in Bugzilla, there should be a clear description of how to workaround the problem. I had to read all the posts and stumble on a bit of text buried there. I did not see a field anywhere in a formal bug description with this info. Perhaps I am not looking in the right place? --

I'm new to Gimp, spending a lot of time in past two weeks learning it to make Xmas present photo gifts. While this glitch prevented me from completing my task in time, overall I'm pretty impressed with Gimp.

Michael

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Andre Anckaert wrote:

Ugh ! May Michael F. Uschold find consolation in knowing that he is not alone and that he so is since more than two years. That's what I understand reading bug # 505123.

André Anckaert Waregemstraat 10
B 8792 DESSELGEM

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- Van: gimp-user-bounces@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU [mailto: gimp-user-bounces@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU] Namens Sven Neumann Verzonden: vrijdag 25 december 2009 23:48 Aan: Michael F Uschold
CC: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Onderwerp: Re: [Gimp-user] Page Setup paper size settings won't stay

On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 14:40 -0800, Michael F Uschold wrote:

1. I enter Page Setup, where the current page size is set to, say Letter
2. I change the paper size to be 6x4 3. I click OK.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=505123

Sven

Sven Neumann
2009-12-27 09:47:08 UTC (over 14 years ago)

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 09:30 -0800, Michael F Uschold wrote:

SUGGESTION: for all bugs in Bugzilla, there should be a clear description of how to workaround the problem.

For most bugs, there is no workaround. And the bug-tracker is also not meant to be a database of workarounds. It's a means for the developers to keep track of bug reports. And it gives you, or someone else who is hit by this problem, a place to attach a patch that fixes the issue.

Sven

2018-01-19 19:53:41 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

I have the same problem -- cannot print on 4x6 inch paper because GIMP overrides the Brother/Windows settings and jumps back to Letter size. The only answer for now is to print from another software. I found that if I export the correct size picture to jpg or png, either one, then paste that image into a Word document, Word preserves the correct size and works just fine on a 4x6 inch photo paper. Watch the margins.