RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to treat several pictures at once?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to treat several pictures at once? Dirk Völlger 04 Feb 20:05
  How to treat several pictures at once? Shawn Willden 05 Feb 06:00
  How to treat several pictures at once? David Hodson 06 Feb 16:42
Dirk Völlger
2004-02-04 20:05:31 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi there,

I am a new gimp user as well as a new list member. I have got the following question: I took a series of pictures (measures) and I have to normalize and equalize them to see any result. Is there any perl skript or smth. else that does this step with all the pictures I have because it is impossible to treat ~ 50 pictures seperately (no time ...) I have never used perl, so I also do not know how to use it with gimp.

Any help, tutorial or hint would be cool because it is quite urgent.

dirk

Shawn Willden
2004-02-05 06:00:00 UTC (about 20 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 12:05 pm, Dirk Völlger wrote:

Hi there,

I am a new gimp user as well as a new list member. I have got the following question: I took a series of pictures (measures) and I have to normalize and equalize them to see any result. Is there any perl skript or smth. else that does this step with all the pictures I have because it is impossible to treat ~ 50 pictures seperately (no time ...) I have never used perl, so I also do not know how to use it with gimp.

Assuming it can do the job (and it can do a lot of jobs), your best option is probably not the GIMP, but rather ImageMagick, which provides set of command line tools for doing all sorts of image operations.
You mentioned normalizing and equalizing. To do that with ImageMagick, you would just run, e.g.:

mogrify -normalize -equalize *.JPG

Done!

If you find that ImageMagick won't do it, then you should look into scripting the GIMP. I recommend writing your scripts in Python, but it really depends on what you're most comfortable with -- or most interested in learning.

Shawn.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFAIc3ap1Ep1JptinARAmzaAJ9943rllPjruAJYqdAp+rOMEkbbVACfWPTz iwM+0yHuXJHILRbvMq74nMQ=
=mw9v
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

David Hodson
2004-02-06 16:42:38 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Dirk,

I took a series of pictures (measures) and I have to normalize and equalize them to see any result. [...]

I've got a batch processing plugin at:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

It applies some common operations to a collection of images.

It doesn't do equalisation, but it has brightness and contrast, so if the adjustment is the same for all images you might be able to use it.