RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Two instances of TIF in save menu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Two instances of TIF in save menu misfit-x 28 Jan 06:15
  Two instances of TIF in save menu Dave Neary 28 Jan 10:03
   Two instances of TIF in save menu misfit-x 28 Jan 15:51
  Two instances of TIF in save menu Sven Neumann 28 Jan 12:42
   Two instances of TIF in save menu Dave Neary 28 Jan 13:31
misfit-x
2004-01-28 06:15:56 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Version: Gimp-2.0pre2-1 (rpm build)

If you go to save an image and choose a file format in the drop down box, there appears to be two instances of "Tiff".

Dave Neary
2004-01-28 10:03:46 UTC (about 20 years ago)

misfit-x wrote:

Version: Gimp-2.0pre2-1 (rpm build)

If you go to save an image and choose a file format in the drop down box, there appears to be two instances of "Tiff".

Ooops - that's my fault. Could you open a bug against this in Bugzilla please? There was recently a similar problem with png, so the same solution should work.

Cheers,
Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-01-28 12:42:23 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

misfit-x writes:

This is a bug and will be fixed. But I'd like to note that it is not a good idea to use this menu at all. Just keep it set on "By Extension" and enter foo.tif as the filename to save. GIMP will choose the proper file format for you then.

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-01-28 13:31:28 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

misfit-x writes:

This is a bug and will be fixed.

It's fixed in CVS. If you haven't already created the bug, don't worry about it.

Cheers,
Dave.

misfit-x
2004-01-28 15:51:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Ok. Thanks Dave. :) As for the drop down, thanks for the tip, Sven. I think it's much easier to do it that way anyway, since the only formats I usually use is png and jpg. Occasionally gif if I make an animation (which is rare). I find that even if I type in a filename and choose from the box, I have to type in the extension anyway. This just saves me a step. :)