RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 david 20 Jan 12:07
  bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 Dave Neary 20 Jan 12:25
   bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 david 24 Jan 19:37
    bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 Sven Neumann 25 Jan 13:49
    bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 David Neary 25 Jan 20:01
  bug report for gimp-2.0pre1.tar.bz2 Owen 20 Jan 12:39
david
2004-01-20 12:07:07 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi

There is a bug that does not seem to have been fixed for gimp-2.0pre2.tar.bz2 which was in the previous prerelease version. I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring. However, I recognise that this maybe a peculiarity of my setup.

What happens is this:

I open a new document and accept the default. I select the rectangular shape tool. I draw a square in the centre of the canvas...holding down the shift key to force a square. Then I select a foreground colour...red...and select the bucket fill tool. I fill the square with the red colour. I select copy and copy what is there as is. I then paste. Thats where it crashes.

Does anyone else have this problem??

Cheers

david

Dave Neary
2004-01-20 12:25:06 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

david wrote:

There is a bug that does not seem to have been fixed for gimp-2.0pre2.tar.bz2 which was in the previous prerelease version. I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring. However, I recognise that this maybe a peculiarity of my setup.

This may sound a little obvious, but if you observe a bug, and you don't report it, it's unlikely it will be fixed (unless a bunch of people observe the bug and it's already been reported).

Please report bugs you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org) so that we can fix them. But first, please do a search to see if your bug has already been reported or fixed.

What happens is this:

I open a new document and accept the default. I select the rectangular shape tool. I draw a square in the centre of the canvas...holding down the shift key to force a square. Then I select a foreground colour...red...and select the bucket fill tool. I fill the square with the red colour. I select copy and copy what is there as is. I then paste. Thats where it crashes.

I don't have this problem, but of course that doesn't mean it's not a bug. Please report it in Bugzilla. Also, could you say how you're copying & pasting, and so on.

Cheers, Dave.

Owen
2004-01-20 12:39:32 UTC (about 20 years ago)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:07:07 +0000 david wrote:

Does anyone else have this problem??

Where do you paste it?

I tried pasting it back onto itself and into a new image and could not replicate the action you describe.

david
2004-01-24 19:37:15 UTC (about 20 years ago)

This may also sound a little obvious but

I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring.

In other words I have a password and account number and spent some time entering the info. So what happened??

Dave Neary wrote:

Hi,

david wrote:

This may sound a little obvious, but if you observe a bug, and you don't report it, it's unlikely it will be fixed (unless a bunch of people observe the bug and it's already been reported).

Please report bugs you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org) so that we can fix them. But first, please do a search to see if your bug has already been reported or fixed.

What happens is this:

I don't have this problem, but of course that doesn't mean it's not a bug. Please report it in Bugzilla. Also, could you say how you're copying & pasting, and so on.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-01-25 13:49:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

david writes:

In other words I have a password and account number and spent some time entering the info. So what happened??

You can surely point us to the bug number then?

Sven

David Neary
2004-01-25 20:01:49 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

david wrote:

I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring.

Excuse me, I misread this (my mind filled in the "not").

The bug report doesn't ring any bells, though... if it's any help, I have tried to reproduce this, and I could not. I just had a quick search in bugzilla with likely keywords, and I didn't find your bug in the open bug reports... could you quote a bugzilla number, please? Or even add a comment to the bug itself?

Thanks, Dave.