RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

resize dialogue only closeable with ALT+O or mouse?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

resize dialogue only closeable with ALT+O or mouse? Sven Burmeister 19 Jan 16:39
  resize dialogue only closeable with ALT+O or mouse? Sven Neumann 19 Jan 16:54
   resize dialogue only closeable with ALT+O or mouse? Sven Burmeister 19 Jan 17:41
    resize dialogue only closeable with ALT+O or mouse? Sven Neumann 19 Jan 18:01
Sven Burmeister
2004-01-19 16:39:46 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

I was wonderinmg whether it is a bug or a feature that I cannot close the resize dialogue with simply pressing RETURN or at least RETURN twice or something shorter than having to change to the mouse or having to press two buttons.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-01-19 16:54:19 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Sven Burmeister writes:

I was wonderinmg whether it is a bug or a feature that I cannot close the resize dialogue with simply pressing RETURN or at least RETURN twice or something shorter than having to change to the mouse or having to press two buttons.

The default GTK+ setting is to select entries on focus. This causes the key press to go the entry, not to the default dialog button. This is probably quite useful since it doesn't make much sense to acknowledge the dialog w/o doing any changes. However, if you dislike this behaviour, you can change the relevant GTK+ setting. For a list of GTK+ settings, see
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/GtkSettings.html

Sven

Sven Burmeister
2004-01-19 17:41:16 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Sven Neumann schrieb:

The default GTK+ setting is to select entries on focus. This causes the key press to go the entry, not to the default dialog button. This is probably quite useful since it doesn't make much sense to acknowledge the dialog w/o doing any changes. However, if you dislike this behaviour, you can change the relevant GTK+ setting. For a list of GTK+ settings, see
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/GtkSettings.html

Hi,

what I like and think to be most useful is to start in the first field, as gimp does, enter a value, change field with Tab and then press RETURN to acknowledge my changes. Obviously when leaving the fields gimp should and does change the related value if they are linked.

I'll have a look at that list and see whether I can change somehting in my settings.
By the way, what about STRG+RETURN if RETURN on its own does not work. Would be faster than ALT+O, as the right hand is already on the RETURN key.

Thanks,

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-01-19 18:01:51 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

Sven Burmeister writes:

By the way, what about STRG+RETURN if RETURN on its own does not work. Would be faster than ALT+O, as the right hand is already on the RETURN key.

You should discuss that on a GTK+ list since it is completely out of our realm. I am also quite sure that it has been brought up before, so it would make sense to search the mailing list archives first.

Sven