RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Multi-page TIFF

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Multi-page TIFF M. Bashir Al-Noimi 22 Aug 04:52
  Multi-page TIFF John Culleton 22 Aug 05:11
   Multi-page TIFF M. Bashir Al-Noimi 22 Aug 07:18
Multi-page TIFF Asif Lodhi 22 Aug 22:04
  Multi-page TIFF M. Bashir Al-Noimi 23 Aug 04:05
mailman.1.1251054003.6819.g... 07 Oct 20:20
  Multi-page TIFF Gary Collins 24 Aug 13:43
M. Bashir Al-Noimi
2009-08-22 04:52:36 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

Hi All,

I want to know, How I can create multi-page TIFF file.

P.S. I could open/modify multi-page TIFF file successfully.

----- Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
My Blog: http://mbnoimi.net/

John Culleton
2009-08-22 05:11:15 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

On Friday 21 August 2009 22:52:36 M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:

Hi All,

I want to know, How I can create multi-page TIFF file.

P.S. I could open/modify multi-page TIFF file successfully.

----- Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

You might be able to create a multipage document using Scribus, then export it as tiff. But the purpose of such an exercise escapes me. Why not deal with pdf instead? That is more suited for printing.

M. Bashir Al-Noimi
2009-08-22 07:18:08 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

John Culleton wrote:

You might be able to create a multipage document using Scribus, then export it as tiff.

This is absolutely not a smart solution ;-) , GIMP suppose to be integrated image editor just like many image editors

But the purpose of such an exercise escapes me. Why not deal with pdf instead? That is more suited for printing.

Actually I've to use TIFF files because I'm working on NLP project needs multi-page TIFF files as input source.

----- Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Asif Lodhi
2009-08-22 22:04:36 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

Sorry, I earlier forgot to change the subject. Please find the earlier message below - but it's not related to Gimp and Windows/MS-Office specific:

On 8/22/09, gimp-user-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 05:52:36 +0300 From: "M. Bashir Al-Noimi"
Subject: [Gimp-user] Multi-page TIFF I want to know, How I can create multi-page TIFF file.

If you're using Microsoft Office on Microsoft Windows then "Microsoft Document Imaging" is a package component that installs with Office and that you can use to create multi-page TIFF files. For example, if you scan a multi-page document using a scanner with a sheet-feeder then the scan will result in a multi-page TIFF file. In addition, you can create multi-page TIFF files yourself using MDI - just create a new TIFF file and add new pages using the menu/toolbar options. If you don't see "Microsoft Document Imaging" in your Windows menu then, very likely, you have not installed this component. In that case, install Office completely and you'll be able to do what you want.

I have never explored The Gimp for this purpose.

-Asif

M. Bashir Al-Noimi
2009-08-23 04:05:46 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

Asif Lodhi wrote:

If you're using Microsoft Office on Microsoft Windows then "Microsoft Document Imaging"

huh I'm Linux user :-P

is a package component that installs with Office and that you can use to create multi-page TIFF files.

I can use Scribus for creating multi-page TIFF but this is not suitable solution for this issue. I just want to be-sure if GIMP can create multi-page TIFF files

For example, if you
scan a multi-page document using a scanner with a sheet-feeder then the scan will result in a multi-page TIFF file. In addition, you can create multi-page TIFF files yourself using MDI - just create a new TIFF file and add new pages using the menu/toolbar options. If you don't see "Microsoft Document Imaging" in your Windows menu then, very likely, you have not installed this component. In that case, install Office completely and you'll be able to do what you want.

I have never explored The Gimp for this purpose.

-----
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi

Gary Collins
2009-08-24 13:43:59 UTC (over 14 years ago)

Multi-page TIFF

Alternatively, if you don't have microsoft office and don't want to fork out for it, you can always download and install the free image browser-cum-editor "irfanview". That will enable you to easily create a multi-page tiff file from a set of images.  
/Gary