RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Re  : xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1 Kristian Niemi 16 Jan 18:13
  xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1 Sven Neumann 16 Jan 20:34
   xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1 John Culleton 20 Feb 15:04
Re  : xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1 Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 20 Feb 15:46
Kristian Niemi
2004-01-16 18:13:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1

Hi,

Xsane doesn't appear to work with the devel. release of Gimp? Searched the net for clues, but it seems I only found out that they don't work together. Anyhow, I guess you're familiar with the problem and I don't have to explain it further?

I'm assuming it will be made to work though, so does anybody know anything about this?

Somewhere (on the net) I read that xscanimage worked with 2.0pre1

Sven Neumann
2004-01-16 20:34:10 UTC (over 20 years ago)

xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1

Hi,

Kristian Niemi writes:

Xsane doesn't appear to work with the devel. release of Gimp? Searched the net for clues, but it seems I only found out that they don't work together. Anyhow, I guess you're familiar with the problem and I don't have to explain it further?

I'm assuming it will be made to work though, so does anybody know anything about this?

I got it to work after about putting about ten minutes into it. The XSane maintainer promised to update the package for gimp-2.0.

Sven

John Culleton
2004-02-20 15:04:47 UTC (about 20 years ago)

xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1

On Friday 16 January 2004 02:34 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Kristian Niemi writes:

Xsane doesn't appear to work with the devel. release of Gimp? > I got it to work after about putting about ten

minutes

into it. The XSane maintainer promised to update the package for gimp-2.0.

Sven

1. What release of Xsane did you use? 2. Can you describe briefly the ten minutes of work?

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-02-20 15:46:34 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Re  : xsane & Gimp 2.0pre1

Le 20.02.2004 15:04, John Culleton a écrit :

On Friday 16 January 2004 02:34 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Kristian Niemi writes:

Xsane doesn't appear to work with the devel. release of Gimp? > I got it to work after about putting about ten

minutes

into it. The XSane maintainer promised to update the package for gimp-2.0.

Sven

1. What release of Xsane did you use? 2. Can you describe briefly the ten minutes of work? --
John Culleton

I asked Oliver, the developper of Xsane, to know if there is some plan to port the xsane plugin to gimp-2.0.

He replied me that threre is a patch created by other people. He said he has not tested it but nevertheless he sent it to me. This patch applied to xsane-0.92.

So it seems that there is nothing official yet.

I don't know who write the patch, here is the first line of this patch :
--- /home/julien/debian/pkg-build/SANE/xsane/GIMP/xsane-0.92/acinclude. m4

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc