RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Suggestion for non-tablet users...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Suggestion for non-tablet users... misfit-x 16 Jan 14:20
  Suggestion for non-tablet users... Sven Neumann 16 Jan 18:00
misfit-x
2004-01-16 14:20:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I apologize to Sven N. for accidentally emailing him last night. Goofed up in the mail program. ;) I usually try to be sure everything is replied only to the list. Yesterday I noticed some stuff was replied in private email and thought I caught them all.

Anyway, I wonder if they would somehow make the features that are available for pen-tablets in Gimp useable for the mouse too. Like for instance, the brush size (in 2.0pre1), etc. or have a regular feature added to manually add the size to what you like. (Same idea for all the normally-pen tablet features).

I also wondered if the rpm versions of Gimp have tablet enabled or do we have to compile Gimp with the suggested flag to get that? (Thinking of future here.) I find RPMs easier because with something like Gimp, I have too hard a time compiling it (can't even get past ./configure) due to dependancies. I can't run Freetype 2 apparently or it messes up my Xwindows causing me to have to fix my XF86Config's font settings. :( Being on dial-up, also getting new packages/updates takes a loooong time. So if Gimp runs from RPMs, the better. :)

Sven Neumann
2004-01-16 18:00:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

misfit-x writes:

Anyway, I wonder if they would somehow make the features that are available for pen-tablets in Gimp useable for the mouse too. Like for instance, the brush size (in 2.0pre1), etc. or have a regular feature added to manually add the size to what you like. (Same idea for all the normally-pen tablet features).

I think there's an enhancement request for that already. Opacity is already controllable using the cursor keys even for mouse users.

I also wondered if the rpm versions of Gimp have tablet enabled or do we have to compile Gimp with the suggested flag to get that?

It's a GTK+ configure option, not a GIMP configure option. Most distributors seem to have it enabled by default.

Sven