RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

tif file w/multiple pages

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

tif file w/multiple pages Eric Pierce 14 Jan 21:46
  tif file w/multiple pages Sven Neumann 14 Jan 23:32
   tif file w/multiple pages Eric Pierce 19 Jan 15:31
    tif file w/multiple pages Sven Neumann 19 Jan 15:40
   tif file w/multiple pages Eric Pierce 20 Jan 03:49
Eric Pierce
2004-01-14 21:46:07 UTC (about 20 years ago)

I'm having some problems with the new support for multipage tifs.

First, I get the following errors. tif: Unknown field with tag 33949 (0x849d) encountered

And these two errors repeat for the nubmer of pages in the tif. tif: Unknown field with tag 33950 (0x849e) encountered tif: Unknown field with tag 33951 (0x849f) encountered

The tif image opens, and there is a layer for each page, but the height of the image is scaled 50% (but the width is fine). I'm basically making my comparisons with Microsofts Imaging because that's the only program that I know that properly opens multipage tifs.

Also, my multipage tifs are created whenever someone faxes me. They fax me and I receive an e-mail with a tif attached.

Is Andrey Kiselev on this list? Maybe I could send him one of my tifs for examination (since he implemented this feature in The Gimp).

Thanks for reading... I appreciate any suggestions. Eric Pierce

Sven Neumann
2004-01-14 23:32:08 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Eric Pierce" writes:

First, I get the following errors. tif: Unknown field with tag 33949 (0x849d) encountered

And these two errors repeat for the nubmer of pages in the tif. tif: Unknown field with tag 33950 (0x849e) encountered tif: Unknown field with tag 33951 (0x849f) encountered

The tif image opens, and there is a layer for each page, but the height of the image is scaled 50% (but the width is fine). I'm basically making my comparisons with Microsofts Imaging because that's the only program that I know that properly opens multipage tifs.

Also, my multipage tifs are created whenever someone faxes me. They fax me and I receive an e-mail with a tif attached.

As far as I know such TIFF files created from fax messages have different resolutions on the X and Y axes. So if the plug-in manages to read in the resolutions correctly, the image should look directly if you disable "Dot for Dot" in the View menu. There's a preference option that makes this behaviour the default.

Sven

Eric Pierce
2004-01-19 15:31:14 UTC (about 20 years ago)

That did the trick. Thanks a lot. Haven't got Pre2 up yet. I wander if any of the error messages I mentioned below have been addressed...

Eric Pierce

Hi,

"Eric Pierce" writes:

As far as I know such TIFF files created from fax messages have different resolutions on the X and Y axes. So if the plug-in manages to read in the resolutions correctly, the image should look directly if you disable "Dot for Dot" in the View menu. There's a preference option that makes this behaviour the default.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-01-19 15:40:19 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Eric Pierce" writes:

Haven't got Pre2 up yet. I wander if any of the error messages I mentioned below have been addressed...

Unless you file a bug report for them, they are most likely never to be addressed.

Sven

Eric Pierce
2004-01-20 03:49:11 UTC (about 20 years ago)

Filed bug #131975 - "Tiff multipage w/multiple warning msg."

Eric Pierce

Hi,

"Eric Pierce" writes:

Sven