RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GDynText resizing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GDynText resizing McNamara, Paul (P.S.) 13 Jan 13:39
  GDynText resizing Sven Neumann 13 Jan 15:08
GDynText resizing McNamara, Paul (P.S.) 13 Jan 15:15
  GDynText resizing Sven Neumann 13 Jan 16:17
McNamara, Paul (P.S.)
2004-01-13 13:39:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GDynText resizing

Hi,

I am a new user to Gimp (version 1.2.2 running on HP-UX 11) and I have a problem with the GDynText tool Once I have set up the text string and placed it on the layer (with layer alignment set to none), I need to resize the text which I have been doing by scaling the layer. I then move the text into the position I require which is fine. If I now edit the text, and re-apply, the scale of the text is reset to its original graphic size and its position back to the original location - I then have to again resize and reposition. Is there a way of putting the text on and locking its size and location?

Thanks

Paul McNamara

Sven Neumann
2004-01-13 15:08:00 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GDynText resizing

Hi,

"McNamara, Paul (P.S.)" writes:

I am a new user to Gimp (version 1.2.2 running on HP-UX 11)

Is there a particular reason you are running such an outdated version?

and I have a problem with the GDynText tool Once I have set up the text string and placed it on the layer (with layer alignment set to none), I need to resize the text which I have been doing by scaling the layer.

You shouldn't scale the layer but change the font size instead.

Sven

McNamara, Paul (P.S.)
2004-01-13 15:15:11 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GDynText resizing

Hi,

I am a new user to Gimp (version 1.2.2 running on HP-UX 11)

Is there a particular reason you are running such an outdated version?

and I have a problem with the GDynText tool Once I have set up the text string and placed it on the layer (with layer alignment set to none), I need to resize the text which I have been doing by scaling the layer.

You shouldn't scale the layer but change the font size instead.

Sven

Font size does not go above 31 pixels or points in the dialogue, that's why I resorted to scaling layer

Paul

Sven Neumann
2004-01-13 16:17:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GDynText resizing

Hi,

Font size does not go above 31 pixels or points in the dialogue, that's why I resorted to scaling layer

You will want to use a scaleable font instead of a bitmap font then.

Sven