RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tool select

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tool select Gary Montalbine 10 Jan 16:16
  Tool select David Neary 10 Jan 16:41
  Tool select Sven Neumann 10 Jan 16:48
  Tool select Carol Spears 12 Jan 07:18
   Tool select Dave Neary 12 Jan 11:05
    Tool select Carol Spears 13 Jan 16:59
Gary Montalbine
2004-01-10 16:16:49 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

I am able to select a tool and use it on the image. However I can not deselect the tool. I close the dialog box but the tool icon is still in the image. I can change to another tool but I still cannot close one so that there is no icon in the image. The fuzzy select regions was particularly annoying. I have read and reread the documentation but cannot find the answer.

How do I get rid of the tool icon when done with it?

I am just starting to use GIMP. I have partially restored one black and white photo so far. It looks like it will be a rewarding challenge

Thanks,

David Neary
2004-01-10 16:41:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

Hi Gary,

Gary Montalbine wrote:

I am able to select a tool and use it on the image. However I can not deselect the tool. I close the dialog box but the tool icon is still in the image. I can change to another tool but I still cannot close one so that there is no icon in the image.

The GIMP will always have exactly one active tool. The default tool is the rect select tool - perhaps this is what you are expecting?

Perhaps a no-op tool might be an idea (a pointer that does nothing except point). I'n not sure... Anyway, it doesn't currently exist :)

I am just starting to use GIMP. I have partially restored one black and white photo so far. It looks like it will be a rewarding challenge

Hope this helps, and enjoy the adventure.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2004-01-10 16:48:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

Hi,

Gary Montalbine writes:

I am able to select a tool and use it on the image. However I can not deselect the tool. I close the dialog box but the tool icon is still in the image. I can change to another tool but I still cannot close one so that there is no icon in the image. The fuzzy select regions was particularly annoying. I have read and reread the documentation but cannot find the answer.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to do. There is always exactly one tool selected. Why would you want to deselect it? Having a tool selected shouldn't hurt in any way. Perhaps you can make another attempt at describing your problem.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-01-12 07:18:30 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

hello,
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:16:49AM -0500, Gary Montalbine wrote:

gimp has never worked this way. perhaps you should go back to using the software you were using. i dont think gimp should ever work this way.

carol

Dave Neary
2004-01-12 11:05:56 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

Hi,

Carol Spears wrote:

gimp has never worked this way. perhaps you should go back to using the software you were using. i dont think gimp should ever work this way.

Carol, I don't really mind when you're rude to people like me, or other gimp developers. It has a kind of charm about it. But please don't be rude to people who are just asking questions.

Cheers, Dave.

Carol Spears
2004-01-13 16:59:35 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Tool select

hola,
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:05:56AM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears wrote:

Carol, I don't really mind when you're rude to people like me, or other gimp developers. It has a kind of charm about it. But please don't be rude to people who are just asking questions.

well i sent a personal note to apologize for being so short and rude. first i apologized for only reading the THREAD however.

i would have apologized for this on the list, but i have no idea how the threading is to work for this sort of thing where i apologize for him/her and myself.

i do know how to thread apologizes for you and too you mr. neary. we have much experience with this.

dave, thread that

carol