RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

XCF Image Stitching

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

XCF Image Stitching Jeffrey Brent McBeth 31 Dec 02:23
Jeffrey Brent McBeth
2003-12-31 02:23:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

XCF Image Stitching

I haven't been on this list in probably 4 years, but up until today, I've been able to figure out how to get the GIMP to do what I want.

Basically, I have 12 xcf files, each having about 30 layers each. I want to stitch these files together into one large file without having to reposition every layer (~360 layers) by hand.

I started the morning discovering you can drag from the layer dialog to another image and have a copy of the layer be added to the new image.

The problem is that I would have to drag 360 times, and reposition each layer once drug.

So, I delved back into the world of Script-Fu / Python-Fu.

It looks like a sequence of

(gimp-image-remove-layer from layer) (gimp-drawable-set-image layer to) (gimp-image-add-layer to layer -1) (gimp-layer-set-offsets layer xoffset yoffset)

on each layer in the from image would do what I want, but it freaks the GIMP garbage collector out on shutdown.

Any ideas?

Attached are the scheme/python implementations...

Jeff