RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Colour filling the region between two vertical lines

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Colour filling the region between two vertical lines Paulo S 27 Dec 13:49
Re : [Gimp-user lines Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 27 Dec 14:01
  Colour filling the region between two vertical lines Paulo S 27 Dec 19:58
   Colour filling the region between two vertical lines GSR - FR 27 Dec 20:18
    Colour filling the region between two vertical lines Paulo S 28 Dec 09:04
Paulo S
2003-12-27 13:49:21 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Dear All

I am a novice user of GIMP and I would like to know how to fill with the grey colour the region between two vertical lines. Could someone here please help me?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Paulo

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2003-12-27 14:01:37 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Re : [Gimp-user lines

Hi,

Select a rectangular area and extend it as the 2 vertical edges of the rectangle fit the 2 vertical lines. Then choose the colour, select the fill tool and pour the paint into the selected area.

-- Regards
- Jean-Luc

Le 27.12.2003 13:49, Paulo S a écrit :

Dear All

I am a novice user of GIMP and I would like to know how to fill with the grey colour the region between two vertical lines. Could someone here please help me?

Paulo

Paulo S
2003-12-27 19:58:02 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Select a rectangular area and extend it as the 2 vertical edges of the rectangle fit the 2 vertical lines. Then choose the colour, select the fill tool and pour the paint into the selected area.

Thanks a lot, Jean-Luc! Unfortunately, your method requires a high precision of one's hand. Is there no other method requiring less precision of one's hand?

Paulo

Dear All

Paulo

GSR - FR
2003-12-27 20:18:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

paullus2002@hotmail.com (2003-12-27 at 1858.02 +0000):

Thanks a lot, Jean-Luc! Unfortunately, your method requires a high precision of one's hand. Is there no other method requiring less precision of one's hand?

Before doing the selection, "create" it with 4 guides (zoom all you need and scroll around), then the selection will be precise.

GSR

Paulo S
2003-12-28 09:04:05 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Before doing the selection, "create" it with 4 guides (zoom all you need and scroll around), then the selection will be precise.

Thank you very much indeed for your help!

Paulo