RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text to Path.,..add color

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text to Path.,..add color th1bill 11 Mar 17:58
  Text to Path.,..add color Sven Neumann 11 Mar 19:23
  Text to Path.,..add color th1bill 11 Mar 20:57
   Text to Path.,..add color 127markaz 08 Jun 20:39
2009-03-11 17:58:30 UTC (about 15 years ago)
postings

I am designing lightscriibe disk covers and high contrast is required. I'm designing on Gimp 2.6.3 and as of this point I am doing my Text Along Path, as per the most offered tutorial.

The problem is that on a white background ff ff ff and for the contrast use Absolute Black, 00 00 00. When I used the Text Along Path it placed a ghost of my text there and step six or the tutorial, add new layer and use paint bucket to fill, does nothing to color my text, just the outline is there and will not print, nor is it in the saved png.

The only method I have come up with is to create each letter with the Text tool, one at a time. Having the letter I then need to move it into place and to rotate it until it fills the outline and it is just to difficult to accomplish.

I have found a Photo Shop template of circle text where both the top and the botom have the text pointed up and running left to right but I cannot figure out how to edit it.

Sven Neumann
2009-03-11 19:23:32 UTC (about 15 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 17:58 +0100, Bill T. wrote:

The only method I have come up with is to create each letter with the Text tool, one at a time. Having the letter I then need to move it into place and to rotate it until it fills the outline and it is just to difficult to accomplish.

Have you tried /File/Create/Logos/Text Circle ?

Sven

2009-03-11 20:57:17 UTC (about 15 years ago)
postings

I have found the simple answer and I post it for anyone that might, like myself, have over looked the obvious.

Ignore the Tool Box and click Select and in the Drop Menu choose From Path. Choose the color, select the fill tool and click once on the text, you'll see the ants marching when the tect is selected.

2010-06-08 20:39:13 UTC (almost 14 years ago)
postings

I have found the simple answer and I post it for anyone that might, like myself, have over looked the obvious.

Ignore the Tool Box and click Select and in the Drop Menu choose From Path.

Choose the color, select the fill tool and click once on the text, you'll

see

the ants marching when the tect is selected.

Thank you, Bill. I tried many way to accomplish this and it appears your solution is the only one viable.