RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Multiple copies to printer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Multiple copies to printer Gene Heskett 07 Nov 18:50
  Multiple copies to printer Sven Neumann 07 Nov 19:18
   Multiple copies to printer Gene Heskett 08 Nov 01:32
    Multiple copies to printer Sven Neumann 08 Nov 01:40
     Multiple copies to printer Gene Heskett 08 Nov 01:55
  Multiple copies to printer Joao S. O. Bueno 07 Nov 19:50
   Multiple copies to printer Jonathan Bartlett 07 Nov 20:13
    Multiple copies to printer BandiPat 07 Nov 21:55
     Multiple copies to printer Gene Heskett 08 Nov 01:52
    Multiple copies to printer Gene Heskett 08 Nov 01:45
Gene Heskett
2003-11-07 18:50:48 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Greetings;

I have a target practice target.pdf file that I'd like to print about 50 copies of. Unforch, selecting print, it takes about 6-7 minutes to render each one, but only about 1:30 to print it once rendered. The print selector has no box for number of copies, so its taking me about 10 minutes per page whereas it should be only 1:30 once the render is done.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Sven Neumann
2003-11-07 19:18:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Gene Heskett writes:

See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110307

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-11-07 19:50:26 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Save it in another format, and open in staroffice instead,.

Sorry, there is as bug filed about this in the GIMP, but there seens to be no developer with the time to revamp the printing dialog/system as of now.

:-(

On Friday 07 November 2003 3:50 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings;

I have a target practice target.pdf file that I'd like to print about 50 copies of. Unforch, selecting print, it takes about 6-7 minutes to render each one, but only about 1:30 to print it once rendered. The print selector has no box for number of copies, so its taking me about 10 minutes per page whereas it should be only 1:30 once the render is done.

Jonathan Bartlett
2003-11-07 20:13:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

BandiPat
2003-11-07 21:55:11 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Friday 07 November 2003 02:13 pm, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

If it's a PDF file, why not just print through lpr?

lpr -#50 target.pdf

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Sorry, there is as bug filed about this in the GIMP, but there seens to be no developer with the time to revamp the printing dialog/system as of now.

[...]
-----------------------

Or, if you are in KDE, how about kprinter? Just call kprinter target.pdf, which should open the kprinter window allowing several options to choose from.

Patrick

Gene Heskett
2003-11-08 01:32:30 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Friday 07 November 2003 13:18, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Gene Heskett writes:

I take it that means the next version will have that? Currently, I have 1.1.19 installed.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-11-08 01:40:38 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Gene Heskett writes:

I take it that means the next version will have that?

Did you read the report? It means that we won't see this feature unless a new stable version of gimp-print is released that has this functionality. When that happens, we still need to port the GIMP plug-in to the new gimp-print API. I expect this to happen somewhen in the GIMP 2.0 development cycle but most probably not for 2.0.

Currently, I have 1.1.19 installed.

Please tell me that you are kidding. You don't want to tell me that you are serisouly still using GIMP version 1.1.19, do you?

Sven

Gene Heskett
2003-11-08 01:45:57 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Friday 07 November 2003 14:13, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

lpr -#50 target.pdf

Unforch, I have only two working methods to print something, and lpr isn't one of them. I can print a test page correctly from cups (1.1.19), and I can print about anything I can import into the GIMP.

Anything else sent to any of my 4 printer cues, for 2 seperate printers, actually comes out as a full bleed, light grey sheet of paper. Nothing else, no odd patterns or anything, just a full bleed light grey sheet comes out of the printers.

I posted it to the cups list and was apparently ignored, no replies for 2 posts asking about it.

One thing I haven't tried is to print to file, using that ppd, and then do a 4 or 5 line bash script to copy it to the printer. I used to do that on my amiga so I could reprint a book as many times as I wanted, by just copying the page files to the printer again. Eventually of course, one must do space patrol and delete the page files to make room for the next big printing project :(

But that seems like really beating around 720 acres of the bush to me.

I believe OOo can open a pdf, so no file conversion would be needed, but the last time I checked, OOo was among the ones printing the plain grey pages.

On Friday 07 November 2003 3:50 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings;

--

Este e-mail é, exceto pelas partes citadas de outros e-mails, copyright(c) de João Sebastião de Oliveira Bueno. Nenhuma cópia deste e-mail ou parte do mesmo pode existir nas dependências de, ou em posse de funcionários, de associações protetoras de direitos autorais Brasileiras, dos Estados Unidos da América, ou de outros países. Em particular essa exceção do direito de leitura e posse deste e-mail se extende à ABRA, ABPI, ABES, BSA, RIAA e MPAA. Violadores estão infringindo as leis internacionais de direitos autorais e sujeitos às penalidades cabíveis. Você pode re-utilizar, emendar, acrescentar suas palavras e citar e re-enviar qualquer parte do mesmo, desde que essa nota seja preservada e se não pertencer a alguma das entidades supracitadas.

_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Gene Heskett
2003-11-08 01:52:11 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Friday 07 November 2003 15:55, BandiPat wrote:

On Friday 07 November 2003 02:13 pm, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

lpr -#50 target.pdf

[...]
-----------------------

Or, if you are in KDE, how about kprinter? Just call kprinter target.pdf, which should open the kprinter window allowing several options to choose from.

Unforch, the only mimetype my copy seems to be aware of is the text type, where it supposedly would use enscript.

Patrick

Gene Heskett
2003-11-08 01:55:51 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Friday 07 November 2003 19:40, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Gene Heskett writes:

I take it that means the next version will have that?

Did you read the report? It means that we won't see this feature unless a new stable version of gimp-print is released that has this functionality. When that happens, we still need to port the GIMP plug-in to the new gimp-print API. I expect this to happen somewhen in the GIMP 2.0 development cycle but most probably not for 2.0.

Currently, I have 1.1.19 installed.

Please tell me that you are kidding. You don't want to tell me that you are serisouly still using GIMP version 1.1.19, do you?

Can I say 'Duh'? Thats the cups version, along with foomatic 3.0something. The gimp-print is gimp-print-4.2.6-pre1 FWTW.

Sven