RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Repositioning image within it's canvas

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Repositioning image within it's canvas Albert Wagner 24 Oct 16:36
  Repositioning image within it's canvas Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 25 Oct 01:26
  Repositioning image within it's canvas Sven Neumann 25 Oct 01:51
Albert Wagner
2003-10-24 16:36:41 UTC (over 20 years ago)

How might I reposition an image (all layers simultaneously) within it's canvas? I can reposition a layer component by selecting and dragging; Is there a way to accomplish the same thing for the whole image? I am still a newbie with gimp and therefore probably haven't even explained it right. Any help appreciated.

Albert

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2003-10-25 01:26:07 UTC (over 20 years ago)

alwagner@tcac.net (2003-10-24 at 0936.41 -0500):

How might I reposition an image (all layers simultaneously) within it's canvas? I can reposition a layer component by selecting and dragging; Is there a way to accomplish the same thing for the whole image? I am still a newbie with gimp and therefore probably haven't even explained it right. Any help appreciated.

Try clicking between the eye icon and the layer preview in the layers list, you should get a four arrows icon, that means the layer becomes affected by moving too. So lock all the others, then move your active layer and see how the rest follow.

GSR

Sven Neumann
2003-10-25 01:51:04 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Albert Wagner writes:

How might I reposition an image (all layers simultaneously) within it's canvas? I can reposition a layer component by selecting and dragging; Is there a way to accomplish the same thing for the whole image?

You can link layers to move them simultaneously. To do so click in the Layers dialog next to the eye toggle. Another possibility is to enlarge the canvas, then crop the image so the layers end up in the desired position.

Sven