RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

measurement tool mm

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

measurement tool mm Dave selby 18 Oct 13:18
  measurement tool mm Sven Neumann 18 Oct 18:39
  measurement tool mm David Neary 18 Oct 19:50
  measurement tool mm Dave selby 19 Oct 09:17
   measurement tool mm Sven Neumann 19 Oct 14:42
    measurement tool mm Sven Neumann 20 Oct 19:58
     measurement tool mm Dave selby 21 Oct 08:06
measurement tool mm Carol Spears 18 Oct 16:18
Dave selby
2003-10-18 13:18:16 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Hello,

I know I have asked this before, however I did a mozilla upgrade & lost my mail !

When using the measure tool, I need a readout of mm instead of px. Someone suggested de-selecting "dot for dot" ... and then ......... I forgot the rest.

Could some kind person please remind me.

Many thanks Dave

PS I will take a hard copy this time.

Carol Spears
2003-10-18 16:18:53 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

for now, you can find it in Xtns-->Unit Editor

carol

Dave selby wrote:

Hello,

I know I have asked this before, however I did a mozilla upgrade & lost my mail !

When using the measure tool, I need a readout of mm instead of px. Someone suggested de-selecting "dot for dot" ... and then ......... I forgot the rest.

Many thanks Dave

Sven Neumann
2003-10-18 18:39:37 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Hi,

Dave selby writes:

You are done then. If you created the image with the unit set to millimeters, you disable "Dot for Dot" and all length will be displayed in the choosen unit. You can also change your defaults in the Preferences dialog to make this the default behaviour.

Sven

David Neary
2003-10-18 19:50:06 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Hi,

Dave selby wrote:

As Sven says elsewhere, you are now looking at your image with your preferred units. If you want to change the units on an image that you have open, you can use "Scale image" to do it (unfortunately, that's not the easiest link to make) - you can modify the print size and display unit in one panel of that dialog, just changing the unit is what you want.

Cheers, Dave.

Dave selby
2003-10-19 09:17:18 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Dave selby wrote:

Hello,

Many thanks Dave

Sven Neumann
2003-10-19 14:42:00 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Hi,

Dave selby writes:

Realised I had to de-select dot for dot & reload the image for it to take effect.

Huh? You shouldn't have to reload the image. You only need to use the measure tool again. I will look into changing this in 1.3 so it updates on-the-fly (actually the measure tool's info window should always show pixels and real-world units regardless of the dot-for-dot setting).

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-10-20 19:58:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Hi,

I and I wrote:

actually the measure tool's info window should always show pixels and real-world units regardless of the dot-for-dot setting

I've done this change in GIMP-1.3 now so hopefully you will not run into this problem again. Stay tuned for the 1.3.22 release...

Sven

Dave selby
2003-10-21 08:06:53 UTC (over 20 years ago)

measurement tool mm

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I and I wrote:

actually the measure tool's info window should always show pixels and real-world units regardless of the dot-for-dot setting

I've done this change in GIMP-1.3 now so hopefully you will not run into this problem again. Stay tuned for the 1.3.22 release...

Sven

That was quick. I look forward to trying it out. The change will be most usefull.

Dave