RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Albert Wagner 16 Oct 04:22
  Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Sven Neumann 16 Oct 13:24
   Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Albert Wagner 16 Oct 17:33
    Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Sven Neumann 16 Oct 18:10
     Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Albert Wagner 16 Oct 18:37
      Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Sven Neumann 16 Oct 19:30
       Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Albert Wagner 16 Oct 19:57
        Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Sven Neumann 16 Oct 20:14
Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Carol Spears 16 Oct 19:08
  Setting center point in transform/rotate info dialog Albert Wagner 16 Oct 19:53
Albert Wagner
2003-10-16 04:22:54 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I am attempting to use the Tools/TransformTools/Transform/Rotate to rotate a layer. However, I want to control the placement of the centerpoint and the RotationInformation dialog ignores my changes and reverts back to the default centerpoint. How can I actually change the centerpoint of rotation?

Sven Neumann
2003-10-16 13:24:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Albert Wagner writes:

I am attempting to use the Tools/TransformTools/Transform/Rotate to rotate a layer. However, I want to control the placement of the centerpoint and the RotationInformation dialog ignores my changes and reverts back to the default centerpoint. How can I actually change the centerpoint of rotation?

Which version of GIMP are you using? Please check the version number in the About dialog or run 'gimp --version' and report back here.

Sven

Albert Wagner
2003-10-16 17:33:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On 16 Oct 2003 13:24:58 +0200
Sven Neumann wrote:

Which version of GIMP are you using? Please check the version number in the About dialog or run 'gimp --version' and report back here.

Sorry. I am on gimp-1.2.5.

Sven Neumann
2003-10-16 18:10:07 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Albert Wagner writes:

On 16 Oct 2003 13:24:58 +0200
Sven Neumann wrote:

Sorry. I am on gimp-1.2.5.

Looks like you hit a bug in 1.2 then. I seem to be able to move the center of rotation in the grid preview but the dialog seems broken. If you want to see this fixed, please open a bug-report at bugzilla.gnome.org. I doubt however that someone will find the time to fix this in the 1.2 series.

The bug is not present in GIMP-1.3.

Sven

Albert Wagner
2003-10-16 18:37:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On 16 Oct 2003 18:10:07 +0200
Sven Neumann wrote:

Looks like you hit a bug in 1.2 then. I seem to be able to move the center of rotation in the grid preview but the dialog seems broken. If you want to see this fixed, please open a bug-report at bugzilla.gnome.org. I doubt however that someone will find the time to fix this in the 1.2 series.

Thanks, Sven. I was afraid of that. I had 1.3 installed, but downgraded when it seemed that the GAP stuff wasn't yet ready for 1.3. I'm just a newbie with gimp so I am doing everything the hard way as I learn. I haven't yet actually needed GAP so perhaps I would be better off with 1.3. Thanks again.

Carol Spears
2003-10-16 19:08:38 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Albert Wagner wrote:

On 16 Oct 2003 18:10:07 +0200
Sven Neumann wrote:

Thanks, Sven. I was afraid of that. I had 1.3 installed, but downgraded when it seemed that the GAP stuff wasn't yet ready for 1.3. I'm just a newbie with gimp so I am doing everything the hard way as I learn. I haven't yet actually needed GAP so perhaps I would be better off with 1.3. Thanks again.

GAP is working for gimp-1.3.

It is available at http://sven.gimp.org, hopefully you can work through the complicated index page there. He lost some readiblity through his clean design, maybe.

carol

Sven Neumann
2003-10-16 19:30:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Albert Wagner writes:

First of all, you can have gimp-1.2 and gimp-1.3 installed side-by-side. There's no need to downgrade or upgrade; it's simply two different packages without any clashing files.

Then, if you haven't used GAP yet, perhaps you don't need it at all. If you want to work on animations, there are prereleases of GAP for GIMP 1.3 available from http://sven.gimp.org/.

Sven

Albert Wagner
2003-10-16 19:53:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:08:38 -0400 Carol Spears wrote:

GAP is working for gimp-1.3.

It is available at http://sven.gimp.org, hopefully you can work through the complicated index page there. He lost some readiblity through his clean design, maybe.

Thank you, Carol. I have just installed 1.3 again and I have downloaded GAP from Sven's site.

Albert Wagner
2003-10-16 19:57:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On 16 Oct 2003 19:30:59 +0200
Sven Neumann wrote:

First of all, you can have gimp-1.2 and gimp-1.3 installed side-by-side. There's no need to downgrade or upgrade; it's simply two different packages without any clashing files.

Thank you. I guessed that from the way they both installed.

Then, if you haven't used GAP yet, perhaps you don't need it at all. If you want to work on animations, there are prereleases of GAP for GIMP 1.3 available from http://sven.gimp.org/.

Thank you. Needed or not I still want to learn it. I have re-installed gimp-1.3.20 and downloaded GAP from your site. Are there any caveats? Do I just install with the same prefix as gimp?

Sven Neumann
2003-10-16 20:14:06 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Albert Wagner writes:

Thank you. Needed or not I still want to learn it. I have re-installed gimp-1.3.20 and downloaded GAP from your site. Are there any caveats? Do I just install with the same prefix as gimp?

Please do always use the latest 1.3 release which is 1.3.21 at the moment. If you are brave, you could even try the CVS version.

It doesn't really where you install GAP to. It should find GIMP-1.3 and install the plug-ins into the GIMP plug-in directory even if that is not in the configured prefix.

Sven