RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts Carol Spears 04 Oct 16:49
  Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts Sven Neumann 05 Oct 14:05
Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts Beatriz Botero H. 04 Oct 17:43
Carol Spears
2003-10-04 16:49:07 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts

Beatriz Botero H. wrote:

Hallo,

I compiled gimp-1.3.16 with gtk-2.2.1. No errors, but a message asking for gtk > 2.2.1. came up. So I desinstalled 2.2.1 and compiled gtk-2.2.4.

If you are not using a tablet, this warning is nothing except a pain. Until you can figure out what is wrong with the fonts, you could safely go back to the working gtk-2.

Gtk as well as gimp dont show _any_ fonts ! The graphic frontend is on the other hand OK. Only that no text at all shows up ! Gtk 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, which I also tryed to compile, gave the same negative results

I am using XF86-4.3, and freetype fonts. All KDE applications are working smootly, no fonts errors at all. They use true types. The Xfs server is on. Pango was compiled with ft2 support. No error messages. My system is Linux From Scratch 4.1, the kernel is 2.4.20

congratulations :) Linux From Scratch is really cool.

carol

Beatriz Botero H.
2003-10-04 17:43:07 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts

Hallo,

I compiled gimp-1.3.16 with gtk-2.2.1. No errors, but a message asking for gtk > 2.2.1. came up. So I desinstalled 2.2.1 and compiled gtk-2.2.4. Gtk as well as gimp dont show _any_ fonts ! The graphic frontend is on the other hand OK. Only that no text at all shows up ! Gtk 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, which I also tryed to compile, gave the same negative results

I am using XF86-4.3, and freetype fonts. All KDE applications are working smootly, no fonts errors at all. They use true types. The Xfs server is on. Pango was compiled with ft2 support. No error messages. My system is Linux From Scratch 4.1, the kernel is 2.4.20

I went already through Google and other archives withouth results. Can someone please give me a hint ? Perhaps someone has experienced similar problems ? TIA
Beatriz

Sven Neumann
2003-10-05 14:05:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Gtk/Gimp shows no fonts

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

I compiled gimp-1.3.16 with gtk-2.2.1. No errors, but a message asking for gtk > 2.2.1. came up. So I desinstalled 2.2.1 and compiled gtk-2.2.4.

If you are not using a tablet, this warning is nothing except a pain. Until you can figure out what is wrong with the fonts, you could safely go back to the working gtk-2.

Sorry, but this is not correct. There are a couple of bugs in earlier GTK+ versions that affect all GIMP users, not only users of tablets. We stronly recommened to use GTK+ version 2.2.4 and at some point we will most probably also depend on GTK+ >= 2.2.2.

Sven