RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mneumonics fighting dynamic shortcuts on 1.3.20

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mneumonics fighting dynamic shortcuts on 1.3.20 Eric Pierce 27 Sep 21:49
  Mneumonics fighting dynamic shortcuts on 1.3.20 Sven Neumann 27 Sep 23:33
  Mneumonics fighting dynamic shortcuts on 1.3.20 Henrik Brix Andersen 28 Sep 00:03
Eric Pierce
2003-09-27 21:49:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

I think I found a little problem with assigning shortcuts on 1.3.20.

Try this: On an image window, click the "View" drop down menu. Now place the cursor over an item - I did "Shrink Wrap".

Now I type "f" to assign it as a shortcut key to "Shrink Wrap", but before the shortcut saves, the "Display Filters" windows (which has "f" as a mneumonic) comes up, and the keyboard shortcut is never assigned.

I can edit the 'menurc' file and set it there, but I'd venture a guess that this won't work for any other similar situations (could be quite a few).

Otherwise, 1.3.20 rocks my world. Eric Pierce

Sven Neumann
2003-09-27 23:33:38 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Eric Pierce" writes:

Try this: On an image window, click the "View" drop down menu. Now place the cursor over an item - I did "Shrink Wrap".

Now I type "f" to assign it as a shortcut key to "Shrink Wrap", but before the shortcut saves, the "Display Filters" windows (which has "f" as a mneumonic) comes up, and the keyboard shortcut is never assigned.

This is a known problem and there's a report about it on bugzilla. It has been reassigned to GTK+ but basically the ball is back to us. We will have find a way to disable mnemonics (temporarily?) or (better) add a menu shortcut editor. Perhaps similar to the menu editor in gnome-terminal (and probably other GNOME2 apps).

Sven

Henrik Brix Andersen
2003-09-28 00:03:14 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 21:49, Eric Pierce wrote:

This is a know limitation of gtk+ (actually Simon stumbled across it at GIMPCon): http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=120034

Sincerely, ./Brix