RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gradient and Palette conversions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gradient and Palette conversions Jeff Trefftzs 23 Sep 01:25
  Gradient and Palette conversions Sven Neumann 23 Sep 02:14
   Gradient and Palette conversions Jeff Trefftzs 23 Sep 02:29
    Gradient and Palette conversions Sven Neumann 23 Sep 13:01
     Gradient and Palette conversions Jeff Trefftzs 23 Sep 17:34
Jeff Trefftzs
2003-09-23 01:25:22 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi All,

I have just written a couple of little perl scripts to convert existing gimp-1.2.x palettes and gradients into a form that gimp-1.3.20 finds acceptable. In the hope that others might find them useful, I have attached them.

Happy Gimping!

Sven Neumann
2003-09-23 02:14:41 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs writes:

I have just written a couple of little perl scripts to convert existing gimp-1.2.x palettes and gradients into a form that gimp-1.3.20 finds acceptable. In the hope that others might find them useful, I have attached them.

Oh? Actually 1.3 is supposed to read the 1.2 palette and gradient files directly. Did we break backward compatibility? If so, this should better be fixed.

Sven

Jeff Trefftzs
2003-09-23 02:29:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:14, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,
Oh? Actually 1.3 is supposed to read the 1.2 palette and gradient files directly. Did we break backward compatibility? If so, this should better be fixed.

Gimp-1.3.20 seems to read the 1.2 palettes and gradients properly, but it complains mightily about having to use the legacy format. These are purely for convenience and to reduce the number of warnings at load time.

Sven Neumann
2003-09-23 13:01:49 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Jeff Trefftzs writes:

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:14, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Gimp-1.3.20 seems to read the 1.2 palettes and gradients properly, but it complains mightily about having to use the legacy format. These are purely for convenience and to reduce the number of warnings at load time.

What warnings do you get exactly? Perhaps we could suppress them or make them more subtle warnings that appear on the console only.

Sven

Jeff Trefftzs
2003-09-23 17:34:41 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 04:01, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

What warnings do you get exactly? Perhaps we could suppress them or make them more subtle warnings that appear on the console only.

I'm sorry -- I didn't make myself clear (too late at night, I guess.) The warnings were on the console, not in gimp-message boxes, and were to the effect that the palette was not in current gimp format, falling back to legacy mode ...

It wa irritating because I have a large number of palettes and the plethora of messages made it difficult to find other, possibly more important, error messages amid the clutter. I have successfully converted both the gradients and the palettes and now the messages have stopped.