RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ping

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

ping Carol Spears 19 Sep 16:37
  ping Joao S. O. Bueno 22 Sep 19:21
ping Carol Spears 22 Sep 21:06
200309190216.00116.gwidion@... 07 Oct 20:15
Carol Spears
2003-09-19 16:37:33 UTC (over 20 years ago)

ping

sorry about the list silence.

i received a beautiful history of the development of the display on my computer. the developers had to stop working on the gimp to argue with the gimp-web team and Rapha?l. i am considering getting free space for mmmaybe on tripod.

i was looking at your web site. my goodness, i was impressed and charmed.

could you tell about what the html there was doing? it worked very nicely, and i don't have java or flash working here.

carol

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-09-22 19:21:16 UTC (over 20 years ago)

ping

On Friday 19 September 2003 11:37 am, Carol Spears wrote:

(..)

Well, thank you.:-)

could you tell about what the html there was doing? it worked very nicely, and i don't have java or flash working here.

Ok, the url in question is:
http://hopey.nervo.org/~gwidion/palestra_gpl/palestra3.htm

what I use there is "dhtml", the buzz word for scripting a site with javascript (ecmascript), and CSS.
The page in question is part of a presentation on the GPL I have made this year. I prepared it roughly in the form of slides, but of course I would not use MS powerpoint. Neither were I in a mood to use the OpenOffice counterpart. So I took my time to show them that plain HTML could also be used to make fancy sliding presentations.

That was the result.

The background images were done using POV-Ray.

Regards,

JS ->

carol

Carol Spears
2003-09-22 21:06:39 UTC (over 20 years ago)

ping

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

On Friday 19 September 2003 11:37 am, Carol Spears wrote:

(..)

Well, thank you.:-)

Ok, the url in question is:
http://hopey.nervo.org/~gwidion/palestra_gpl/palestra3.htm

what I use there is "dhtml", the buzz word for scripting a site with javascript (ecmascript), and CSS.
The page in question is part of a presentation on the GPL I have made this year. I prepared it roughly in the form of slides, but of course I would not use MS powerpoint. Neither were I in a mood to use the OpenOffice counterpart. So I took my time to show them that plain HTML could also be used to make fancy sliding presentations.

well, i admit that i like javascript. what i don't like is listening to the legitmate gripes about it. i don't like silly use of it, like for simple navigation.

as a powerpoint emulator, now this is useful. i have tried to keep a fully function mozilla working, without a lot of extra third party plugins. i don't know how successful i was at this. having your page dance around without apt-getting weirdsly named software -- nice :)

i have such a list of things that i need to do. an "i am an html snob" site would be so cool though. i remember when i first looking into dhtml, i didn't find it easy to work with.

That was the result.

The background images were done using POV-Ray.

they are beautiful images. gimp images could dance as nicely as yours did.

is the "howto make slides from html" available?

thank you for the lovely samples and explaination :)

carol

Regards,

JS
->

carol