RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scripting font hinting

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Scripting font hinting John Green 16 Sep 11:02
  Scripting font hinting Sven Neumann 16 Sep 15:19
   Scripting font hinting John Green 16 Sep 18:21
John Green
2003-09-16 11:02:02 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Scripting font hinting

I've just moved some of my 1.2 scripts to 1.3 and I notice that text layers are created with font hinting toggled on. Looking at DB browser, hinting is not an option in gimp-text-fontname so how can this be set from a script?

Sven Neumann
2003-09-16 15:19:42 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Scripting font hinting

Hi,

John Green writes:

I've just moved some of my 1.2 scripts to 1.3 and I notice that text layers are created with font hinting toggled on. Looking at DB browser, hinting is not an option in gimp-text-fontname so how can this be set from a script?

It cannot be set since you are using the compatibility API. There are no new PDB calls for the text tool yet but I plan to add them when the time has come. If you absolutely need to turn off hinting, you will have to wait for the new API, compile freetype w/o hinting or patch the GIMP.

Sven

John Green
2003-09-16 18:21:12 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Scripting font hinting

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:19:42PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

It cannot be set since you are using the compatibility API. There are no new PDB calls for the text tool yet but I plan to add them when the time has come. If you absolutely need to turn off hinting, you will have to wait for the new API, compile freetype w/o hinting or patch the GIMP.

Thanks, I wondered why I couldn't find anything. It's just that a font I was using looked pretty ugly with hinting on. So I just used a different font.