RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp on Mac?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp on Mac? Daniel Carrera 20 Aug 21:12
Daniel Carrera
2003-08-20 21:12:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Gimp on Mac?

Hi all,

I have a Mac-using friend who is having difficulties with Photoshop which I think Gimp might solve.

He is pretty new to web-design and is struggling with image maps, and I know that GIMP has a very cool image-map feature. I was hoping I could get him hooked up with Gimp. :)

Now, this is a very non-technical guy. I am an experienced Unix/Linux user, I have hardly ever touched a Mac. Also, I don't have much time to help him in-person because we live some distance appart. Most of what I can offer him is email help.

Now my questions:

* How hard is it to install Gimp on Mac?

* Is there a free (as in beer) version? If my choices are to compile from source, or pay for the version at macgimp.org, I'll pay. But is there another option?

I want an honest opinion on MacGimp. Is it usable? By that I mean stable/easy-to-install/behaves-nicely/etc.

I just don't want to give him something that's just going to make his life more difficult.

Thank you for your help.