RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Brush organization

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.1.1169323205.8257.g... 07 Oct 20:24
  Brush organization althist1@aol.com 20 Jan 21:28
   Brush organization Sven Neumann 22 Jan 08:32
    Brush organization althist1@aol.com 23 Jan 14:12
althist1@aol.com
2007-01-20 21:28:06 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush organization

I asked this on the Gimp-Win mailing list and no one there knew a way of doing it so: Is there any way to put Gimp brushes into subcategories (like subdirectories) so that if I add a bunch of brushes I don't have to scroll through an inordinate number of them in order to get the one I want? If not, is that something worth considering for some future release--2.6 or 3.0?
BTW: Looking forward to 2.4.

Thanks
Dale Cozort

Sven Neumann
2007-01-22 08:32:47 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush organization

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 15:28 -0500, althist1@aol.com wrote:

I asked this on the Gimp-Win mailing list and no one there knew a way of doing it so: Is there any way to put Gimp brushes into subcategories (like subdirectories) so that if I add a bunch of brushes I don't have to scroll through an inordinate number of them in order to get the one I want? If not, is that something worth considering for some future release--2.6 or 3.0?

A search in our bug-tracker would have showed you that this has indeed been considered a long time ago and that it would be a welcomed addition. Since no one is actively working on it, it is not likely going to be in 2.6 though.

Sven

althist1@aol.com
2007-01-23 14:12:13 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Brush organization

Too bad. My C skills are probably not quite up to doing anything about it myself, unfortunately. In terms of looking up the bug in bugzilla: My bad, but at the same time developers probably do need some way of figuring out which bugs/requests for enhancements are most needed by users, and if you see a lot of people independently asking for the same thing that is information that could probably be of use to you in terms of setting priorities.
-----Original Message-----
To: althist1@aol.com
Cc: gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU Sent: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Brush organization
Hi,

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 15:28 -0500, althist1@aol.com wrote:

A search in our bug-tracker would have showed you that this has indeed been considered a long time ago and that it would be a welcomed addition. Since no one is actively working on it, it is not likely going to be in 2.6 though.

Sven