RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Tool procedure or shortcut procedure?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Tool procedure or shortcut procedure? Bart 15 Jan 10:46
  Tool procedure or shortcut procedure? David Gowers 15 Jan 12:42
  Tool procedure or shortcut procedure? Sven Neumann 15 Jan 20:28
Bart
2007-01-15 10:46:08 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I have written some scripts for enhancing my workflow (like in Photoshop creating a floating selection with or without copy). But what i'm missing is the possibility to activating s specific tool (for instance the moving tool) via script. It seems there is no way wether with "gimp-movingtool" or something like "gimp-shortcut v".

Is it possible to have a tool selection procedure or a shortcut procedure for Script-Fu?

Thanx.

Karamba! Bart.

David Gowers
2007-01-15 12:42:01 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On 1/15/07, Bart wrote:

I have written some scripts for enhancing my workflow (like in Photoshop creating a floating selection with or without copy).

That particular function is built into gimp. CTRL-ALT- and ALT-SHIFT-

But what i'm

missing is the possibility to activating s specific tool (for instance the moving tool) via script. It seems there is no way wether with "gimp-movingtool" or something like "gimp-shortcut v".

Is it possible to have a tool selection procedure or a shortcut procedure for Script-Fu?

Currently there is no PDB interface to many of the elements of the GUI. In some cases this makes sense (zoom isn't meaningful), in other cases not (it would be useful to be able to chain up dialogs.. for instance scaling a layer and then scaling the image)

Thanx.

Karamba!
Bart.

Sven Neumann
2007-01-15 20:28:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 10:46 +0100, Bart wrote:

In general the GIMP GUI isn't scriptable at all. It might make sense to change that at some point, but it would certainly be a major undertaking. Not sure if we want to open that can of worms right now. Given that that there only very active developers, I am inclined not to promise anything. If development continues at the current pace, it will soon grind to a halt anyway.

Sven