RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released Roman Joost 11 Dec 21:08
  ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released Russbucket 15 Dec 03:22
   ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released michaelpo@myjaring.net 15 Dec 03:47
Roman Joost
2006-12-11 21:08:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi!

After more than eight months of work, the documentation team is proud to announce a new release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2. This release features a lot of improvements, in particular:

* Spelling and grammar fixes for German, French, Italian, Czech and Dutch

* New language: Korean, Norwegian and Russian
* Technical fixes: Support for the new table of contents view in the help browser that ships with recent development versions of GIMP
* New content for German, Spanish, Russian, Czech and French
* Lots of bug fixes

You can download gimp-help-2-0.11 from:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/
The manual is written in DocBook/XML. Please help us to improve it and to fix grammar and spelling errors. Every contributor who wants to help us by providing DocBook/XML patches or just proof reads the manual is very welcome.

You can find our new project page at:

http://docs.gimp.org

Thanks to the contributions from Nickolay V. Shmyrev, Julien Hardelin, Sven Neumann, Manuel Quiñones, Marco Ciampa, Ulf-D. Ehlert, Michael Natterer, Pierre Perrier, Anne Schneider, Jakub Friedl, Alessandro Falappa, Axel Wernicke, Mr. Dust, Hans de Jonge, Kolbjørn Stuestøl, Jan Smith, Adolf Gerold, Thomas Güttler, Oleg Fritz, Raymon Van Wanrooij, Sally C. Barry, Vitaly Lomov, Stephen Brown, Roxana Chernogolova, Alexandre Prokoudine

Happy GIMPing!

Russbucket
2006-12-15 03:22:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Mon December 11 2006 12:08, Roman Joost wrote:

Hi!

After more than eight months of work, the documentation team is proud to announce a new release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2. This release features a lot of improvements, in particular:

* Technical fixes: Support for the new table of contents view in the help browser that ships with recent development versions of GIMP

* Lots of bug fixes

The manual is written in DocBook/XML. Please help us to improve it and to fix grammar and spelling errors. Every contributor who wants to help us by providing DocBook/XML patches or just proof reads the manual is very welcome.

Thanks to the contributions from Nickolay V. Shmyrev, Julien Hardelin, Sven Neumann, Manuel Quiñones, Marco Ciampa, Ulf-D. Ehlert, Michael Natterer, Pierre Perrier, Anne Schneider, Jakub Friedl, Alessandro Falappa, Axel Wernicke, Mr. Dust, Hans de Jonge, Kolbjørn Stuestøl, Jan Smith, Adolf Gerold, Thomas Güttler, Oleg Fritz, Raymon Van Wanrooij, Sally C. Barry, Vitaly Lomov, Stephen Brown, Roxana Chernogolova, Alexandre Prokoudine

Happy GIMPing!

I just downloaded and installed the new GIMP manual on SUSE10.0 I did it using checkinstall (checkinstall -R --install=yes) instead of make install. It built the rpm fine, installed the manual and YAST software management shows it installed. Only issue I ran into was clicking help in GIMP2.2 it can not find the Mozilla browser (Must be default in your installation program) I corrected it by changing my GIMP browser preference to firefox %s and it works, then changed to Konqueror (no%s) and it also works. Briefly looking at the manual it appears it will be helpful.

Thanks for the good work.

michaelpo@myjaring.net
2006-12-15 03:47:12 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I've downloaded the pdf manual.
It is still the same 7July06 version. What am I doing wrong?

Russbucket wrote:

On Mon December 11 2006 12:08, Roman Joost wrote:

Hi!

* Lots of bug fixes

Happy GIMPing!

I just downloaded and installed the new GIMP manual on SUSE10.0 I did it using checkinstall (checkinstall -R --install=yes) instead of make install. It built the rpm fine, installed the manual and YAST software management shows it installed. Only issue I ran into was clicking help in GIMP2.2 it can not find the Mozilla browser (Must be default in your installation program) I corrected it by changing my GIMP browser preference to firefox %s and it works, then changed to Konqueror (no%s) and it also works. Briefly looking at the manual it appears it will be helpful.

Thanks for the good work.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. In such a case, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of Sarku shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Sarku.