RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 2.3.12 - Icons and CROP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 2.3.12 - Icons and CROP Dalai Felinto 04 Nov 18:46
  GIMP 2.3.12 - Icons and CROP Sven Neumann 05 Nov 00:38
   GIMP 2.3.12 - Icons and CROP Dalai Felinto 06 Nov 22:56
Dalai Felinto
2006-11-04 18:46:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,
I recently compiled the GIMP 2.3.12 in Linux Ubuntu 6.06.

Everything is working the way is supposed to, but I have two questions:

1) The CROP tool have been changed. The question is: if I begin my selection outside the canvas, just a black square is show. Why not consider the limits as the starter parameter? In terms of usability, anyone who came from others programs can be very confused about that. The question is, this is a bug?

2) I loved the Tango Theme, but also think the critics about him is very pertinent (did some time ago in this list). Specially about the "Foreground Selection Tool", the SIOX. You can't know if this command is or isn' t selected. The discussion about the changes is open yet??

Well, sorry if my English isn't good, but "c' est la vie" .

Regards, and thanks, Dalai Felinto
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

http://blendermaniacos.blogspot.com/

Sven Neumann
2006-11-05 00:38:52 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 14:46 -0300, Dalai Felinto wrote:

1) The CROP tool have been changed. The question is: if I begin my selection outside the canvas, just a black square is show. Why not consider the limits as the starter parameter? In terms of usability, anyone who came from others programs can be very confused about that. The question is, this is a bug?

The crop tool is still under development and will undergo some changes before 2.4. Remember, this is just a development snapshot.

2) I loved the Tango Theme, but also think the critics about him is very pertinent (did some time ago in this list). Specially about the "Foreground Selection Tool", the SIOX. You can't know if this command is or isn' t selected. The discussion about the changes is open yet??

Some of the icons could certainly need an improvement. But I don't think that a discussion about icons makes much sense. Proposing alternatives would probably make sense.

Sven

Dalai Felinto
2006-11-06 22:56:04 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Here then, an alternative to Foreground Selection Tool (In both sizes - 16x16 and 22x22).
Look also an screenshot of my self-compiled Gimp 2.3.12 (with icons changes ;))

I hope not violate any Copyright, cause I just changed the background of the Icons developed before by *Jakub Steiner (jimmac@ximian.com)*. And that changes are just to show my suggestions.

Regards, Dalai Felinto

Rio de Janeiro - Brasil http://blendermaniacos.blogspot.com/

2006/11/4, Sven Neumann :

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 14:46 -0300, Dalai Felinto wrote:

The crop tool is still under development and will undergo some changes before 2.4. Remember, this is just a development snapshot.

Some of the icons could certainly need an improvement. But I don't think that a discussion about icons makes much sense. Proposing alternatives would probably make sense.

Sven