RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Rich Text editing (sort of)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Rich Text editing (sort of) Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 13 Oct 08:19
  Rich Text editing (sort of) Sven Neumann 15 Oct 16:44
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-10-13 08:19:08 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

The demand for a way of combining various text colors and fonts, along with other features in gimp text is high - even I myself need these features a lot.

So, several months ago I started a plug-in to work around the text tool and provide some of these features, like the Dynamic Text did in the old times.

I came back to it today, poured in some hacking time, and came up with a first usefull, if little, version.

It can: create a "text" layer with varying font-family, sizes and colors. All left aligned.

Edit back such a layer.

---- The major drawback right now is that one has to select a portion of the text after it was typed in, and then select the font (family and size) and color to apply to that text.

There are quite a few other bugs - but I find it rather usefull already.

People interested, please, give a try: http://pion.sytes.net:4080/pyrichtext.py

Sven Neumann
2006-10-15 16:44:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 03:19 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

The demand for a way of combining various text colors and fonts, along with other features in gimp text is high - even I myself need these features a lot.

So, several months ago I started a plug-in to work around the text tool and provide some of these features, like the Dynamic Text did in the old times.

It would be a lot more appreciated if you added this feature to the text tool instead of adding back the akwardness of a plug-in for doing this stuff.

Sven