RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Resignation (fwd)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Resignation (fwd) Simon Budig 06 Oct 15:11
Simon Budig
2006-10-06 15:11:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Resignation (fwd)

Hi all.

No, it is not yet about me. Here is a mail Dave asked me to forward to gimp-devel - he wrote it after he unsubscribed from the list and the list is configured to members-only posting...

Dave, let me add that it was great to have you in the project, thanks for the massive amount of good work you did. I hope that the very real problems you mention will get resolved at some point.

Thanks for everything. Simon

----- Forwarded message from Dave Neary -----

Subject: Resignation Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:42:11 +0200 From: Dave Neary
To: simon budig

Hi,

I'm resigning from the GIMP project.

I have come to terms with the fact that there will never be any code of conduct in this community, and I don't identify with that. For many years, yosh has been imposing his very particular view of the community on mailing lists, IRC and all other gimp.org resources, and I'm no longer willing to put up with it. I don't foresee any resolution to the problem in the near future.

This isn't a decision I'm taking lightly (although I am certainly angry) and it's something which I have been thinking about for quite a while.

I've already contacted Google to let them know that Sven will be the point man for the gimp for all things SoC, and I would like to have my name removed from the gimp@gnome.org alias as soon as possible. If you're interested in dealing with our money and donors, contact Sven, and we'll get you sorted out.

It has been a great few years with the GIMP project, as coder, release manager and LGM/GIMPCon organiser. I wish the project the best, and hope that you can get past the community problems that you have.

Cheers, Dave.

----- End forwarded message -----