RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Win32: Invoking a GIMP plug-in using a batch file

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Win32: Invoking a GIMP plug-in using a batch file Massimo Perga 15 Sep 12:03
  Win32: Invoking a GIMP plug-in using a batch file Nathan Summers 15 Sep 23:50
Massimo Perga
2006-09-15 12:03:16 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hello All,
I'm currently working on GIMP# development, and the plug-ins so generated under Windows use the .exe file format. In such a way, we're forced to use the Microsoft .NET platform but, for debuggining purposes, we'd want to use the Mono platform: this can be accomplished using the command

mono "$@"

Under Linux it can be done writing a proper script file invoking the plug-in, but is it possible to do the same under Win32 using a batch file ? If so, could you please write me in which way I should invoke it ?

Thanks, Regards,
Max

Nathan Summers
2006-09-15 23:50:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On 9/15/06, Massimo Perga wrote:

Hello All,
I'm currently working on GIMP# development, and the plug-ins so generated under Windows use the .exe file format. In such a way, we're forced to use the Microsoft .NET platform but, for debuggining purposes, we'd want to use the Mono platform: this can be accomplished using the command

mono "$@"

Under Linux it can be done writing a proper script file invoking the plug-in, but is it possible to do the same under Win32 using a batch file ? If so, could you please write me in which way I should invoke it ?

It can probably be done with a wrapper batch file similar to the one above, with the caveat that you'd need to keep the .exe file in a different directory not searched by gimp in order for the .bat to not conflict with the .exe.

A better solution for debugging is probably to use the environment variables GIMP already has for the purpose of running plug-ins under debugging wrappers. See http://developer.gimp.org/debug-plug-ins.txt for more information.

Rockwalrus