RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

new GIMP releases ahead

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

new GIMP releases ahead Sven Neumann 23 Aug 08:20
  new GIMP releases ahead saulgoode@brickfilms.com 24 Aug 18:23
   new GIMP releases ahead Sven Neumann 24 Aug 21:54
   new GIMP releases ahead cedric GEMY 24 Aug 22:51
Sven Neumann
2006-08-23 08:20:08 UTC (over 17 years ago)

new GIMP releases ahead

Moin,

just a quick note to tell everyone that I am planning to do a 2.2.13 as well as a 2.3.11 release soon. If there's something that you think should absolutely go into the next release or if you think that there's something that should block one of these releases, please tell me about it.

Sven

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-08-24 18:23:42 UTC (over 17 years ago)

new GIMP releases ahead

I would very much like to see the old "wire-frame" icon theme available in the next release. I do not find the new theme to be an improvement and should like to have the option of restoring the original.

Quoting Sven Neumann :

just a quick note to tell everyone that I am planning to do a 2.2.13 as well as a 2.3.11 release soon. If there's something that you think should absolutely go into the next release or if you think that there's something that should block one of these releases, please tell me about it.

Sven Neumann
2006-08-24 21:54:27 UTC (over 17 years ago)

new GIMP releases ahead

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 09:23 -0700, saulgoode@brickfilms.com wrote:

I would very much like to see the old "wire-frame" icon theme available in the next release. I do not find the new theme to be an improvement and should like to have the option of restoring the original.

Why don't you package it up as a GIMP theme then, so that people can install it if they prefer the old icons?

Sven

cedric GEMY
2006-08-24 22:51:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

new GIMP releases ahead

Hi all

This is a point i agree with. IMO it is not that new icons are not good, but that they have too much colour. I'd rather have a Black and White one. Why, just because when i'm working on my picture colour, i don't won't to have any noise around. And regarding this, old theme was better. And is there any reason to delete what has been made? I'll work soon on a purest theme, may be based on the new, if anyone is interested...

About theme, it would be interested if the fonts could also be set. In fact, i always use the "Small" theme to save space, but text labels in the windows just don't fit the new size of the toolbox. Could this be set by the user somewhere in the preferences ?

pygmee