RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GtkGlExt in a GIMP plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GtkGlExt in a GIMP plugin Joseth Farley 17 Aug 02:01
  GtkGlExt in a GIMP plugin Sven Neumann 17 Aug 08:51
Joseth Farley
2006-08-17 02:01:05 UTC (over 17 years ago)

(I sent this earlier to the GtkGlExt list, but perhaps this list is more appropriate... apologies if I'm breaking any kind of etiquette by doing so.)

I'm somewhat new to GIMP/GTK/etc (and the linux environment in general), so I'm probably overlooking something simple but...

To summarize my problem, when I link the gtkglext libraries (as retrieved from `pkg-config --libs gtkgkext-1.0`) to my GIMP plugin, it won't even run in GIMP anymore (crashes right away). In fact, if I restart GIMP it doesn't even recognize it as a plug-in (which I suppose is why it crashes when I try to run it!). I tried commenting out all the function calls involving GtkGlExt, but simply linking to those libraries makes it stop working.

I've freshly downloaded, compiled, and installed GtkGlExt, and have had no problem running the example programs. Also, my previous version of my plugin was working fine before I started tinkering with GtkGlExt, so each of those parts seem to be working as they ought to. Any suggestions as to what I might try?

Thank you for your time.

Sven Neumann
2006-08-17 08:51:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 17:01 -0700, Joseth Farley wrote:

To summarize my problem, when I link the gtkglext libraries (as retrieved from `pkg-config --libs gtkgkext-1.0`) to my GIMP plugin, it won't even run in GIMP anymore (crashes right away).

Have you tried to run your plug-in binary from the command-line?

Sven