RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Plugin Debugging Script

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Plugin Debugging Script Brohan 14 Aug 17:39
  Plugin Debugging Script Sven Neumann 14 Aug 19:32
   Plugin Debugging Script Brohan 14 Aug 20:54
Brohan
2006-08-14 17:39:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Plugin Debugging Script

I just made a tiny little shell script that helps me a bit with debugging of plugins, and I'd like to share it. It really is a lifesaver and saves the time spent doing ps -A, and then typing in the process manually in gdb.

#!/bin/bash plug_debug=`ps -eo pid,comm | grep $1 | sed s/'$1'//`; gdb attach $plug_debug

Just that simple, it accepts the command line argument of the name of the plugin you want to debug, and then launches gdb :), was a nice learning experience to figure out how to use sed.

Brohan

Sven Neumann
2006-08-14 19:32:24 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Plugin Debugging Script

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 11:39 -0400, Brohan wrote:

I just made a tiny little shell script that helps me a bit with debugging of plugins, and I'd like to share it. It really is a lifesaver and saves the time spent doing ps -A, and then typing in the process manually in gdb.

I hope you know about the GIMP_PLUGIN_DEBUG environment variable. If not, it's explained in devel-docs/debug-plug-ins.txt.

Sven

Brohan
2006-08-14 20:54:00 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Plugin Debugging Script

Aw man, I was debugging based on what I found on google, http://ftp.sai.msu.su/~megera/gimp/bless/gimp/prb/gimp.prb.0.03-5.html

Thanks anyways for pointing me in the right direction, I didn't realize that it was there.

The FAQ entry http://developer.gimp.org/faq.html#id2477500 there doesn't really point to anything besides getting gimp to spew out the pid, which you can do with ps easily,

Anyways, its clearer to me now. Thanks for point this out to me :)

On 8/14/06, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 11:39 -0400, Brohan wrote:

I hope you know about the GIMP_PLUGIN_DEBUG environment variable. If not, it's explained in devel-docs/debug-plug-ins.txt.

Sven