RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

SoC: only two weeks left - hurry!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

SoC: only two weeks left - hurry! Michael Schumacher 07 Aug 22:31
  SoC: only two weeks left - hurry! Mukund 07 Aug 23:12
SoC: only two weeks left - hurry! kbs464@mail.usask.ca 08 Aug 20:13
Michael Schumacher
2006-08-07 22:31:07 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

there are only two weeks left now - the deadline is Aug 21. See http://code.google.com/soc/studentfaq.html#timeline for details.

By now, everyone should have something to show (special thanks to Kevin Sookochef for adding his code to Bugzilla, despite not having passed the midterm evaluation).

Show it!

Show up in the IRC channel #gimp on irc.gimp.org (if your mail client does support IRC links, try irc://irc.gimp.org/#gimp) and tell everyone about your project.

Get your code into CVS - it is easy to create branches, your mentor can assist if you don't dare to do this yourself.

Provide screenshots, examples, demos - Pedro has already shown us some nice examples of the perspective cloning tool. More, please!

Regards, Michael

Mukund
2006-08-07 23:12:53 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 22:31 +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Show it!

Please add your code to Bugzilla and paste your URLs on IRC and on this developer mailing list! If your work has a UI, please upload screenshots on some public server and post links. If your work does some sort of image manipulation, post "before" and "after" images of its output. If your work generates files, please upload the files and describe them.

Remember that the biggest part of your work (regardless of SoC) is passing public scrutiny. People who are looking forward to trying your work may request some changes to improve it.

kbs464@mail.usask.ca
2006-08-08 20:13:21 UTC (over 17 years ago)

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.2.3 X-Originating-IP: 69.196.168.218

" But after this call destPR doesn't reflect the contents of tempPR. I think that the problem stems from the call to pixel_regions_register called from within copy_region. If the pixel region is initialized using pixel_region_init_data
(like tempPR is) then the subsequent call to pixel_regions_register sets the data pointer to an incorrect location. Specifically, pixel_region_init_data sets tempPR->data to the allocated memory, but then pixel_region_register sets
tempPR-> data to data + y*rowstride + x * bytes, which for this type of pixel
region is an error.
"

I figure out that the problem was that I had to re-initialize the pixel region before using it again. Thanks to Pedro and especially to mitch for helping me along.

Kevin