RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to draw a line?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to draw a line? Juhana Sadeharju 22 May 20:50
Juhana Sadeharju
2006-05-22 20:50:56 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

How to draw a line?

[ Simon at gimp-user ]

What I _want_ is a straight line, constrained to horizontal or vertical, drawn with the caligraphic brush (so it has a chiselled end) and using the "fade out" option, so it disappears smoothly over a distance.

What are the current plans on adding vector drawing to GIMP? If plans at all.

I have earlier proposed the vector layer. I actually proposed an arbitrary data layer, display plugins, the tool plugins, in addition to the associated plugins. The vector layer would require several tool plugins for manipulating the vector data. The vector plugins may paint the vector data to an image layer, or, e.g., perform operations between two vector images. Typically the vector layer would be a part of an image having RGB layers.

The system would be very general. For example, a rectangle selection tool could be implemented with help of a temporary vector layer. I have explaned such a tool earlier here.

Juhana