RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Possibility of a stand in Siggraph

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Possibility of a stand in Siggraph Dave Neary 10 May 14:20
  Possibility of a stand in Siggraph Clarence Risher 12 May 05:40
Dave Neary
2006-05-10 14:20:55 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

There's a decent possibility of having a stand very cheap (proper island stand, partially sponsored, in the main conference area) which we would share with Blender and some other projects (Ton from Blender's co-ordinating). I would love to have the GIMP represented at a top flight conference like this, and think it's worth the money - the GIMP's part of the pie would be between $1K and $2K, depending on the levels of sponsorship, whether we bed in with the GNOME guys, etc.

I think this is the kind of thing we should be doing more, and we definitely have some budget to spend on it. What say ye?

And if we do join up, who would like to represent us, do some demos, etc? Someone in the Boston area would be best, but we can probably afford to contribute to the costs of the most appropriate people if there aren't good candidates in the area. Siggraph is in Boston from August 1st to August 3rd.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Clarence Risher
2006-05-12 05:40:58 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Just throwing it out there... It might be cool to have a stand split between the main LGM projects (GIMP, Blender, Inkscape, Scribus, Xara).

On 5/10/06, Dave Neary wrote:

There's a decent possibility of having a stand very cheap (proper island stand,
partially sponsored, in the main conference area) which we would share with
Blender and some other projects (Ton from Blender's co-ordinating). I would
love to have the GIMP represented at a top flight conference like this, and
think it's worth the money - the GIMP's part of the pie would be between $1K
and $2K, depending on the levels of sponsorship, whether we bed in with the
GNOME guys, etc.