RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

a project suggestion

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

a project suggestion Carol Spears 18 Apr 06:36
a project suggestion Michael Schumacher 18 Apr 13:37
Carol Spears
2006-04-18 06:36:44 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

a project suggestion

tor was noticing how the map object plug-in preview is not so great on the irc a few hours ago. i searched bugzilla to see if there had been anyone that noticed this AND reported it there. it still goes unreported, but i noticed that there were 160 bug reports about only the plug-ins.

one of the really big problems with considering to include new plug-ins is the maintenance. i think a great summer project might be to tackle just the plug-in bugs.

here is the url for them: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?&product=GIMP&component=Plugins&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&ctype=html

if this sort of thing would be an acceptable SoC project, then i will spend the time to make the urls for the individual plug-ins.

carol

Michael Schumacher
2006-04-18 13:37:33 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

a project suggestion

Von: Carol Spears

one of the really big problems with considering to include new plug-ins is the maintenance. i think a great summer project might be to tackle just the plug-in bugs.

Would be difficult for the mentor - or requires a mentor wwho has a good knowledge of all the different things GIMP plug-ins do.

However, one new plug-in or an overall modernization of an existing one could be a project. For example, how about a full featured JPEG2000 load/save handler, based on the existing code that is attached to the report in Bugzilla?

Michael