RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Adding new list to a Combo in a call back function

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Red Eye Removal Sven Neumann 12 Mar 16:31
  Red Eye Removal Alexander Rabtchevich 13 Mar 07:53
   Adding new list to a Combo in a call back function Hari 13 Mar 09:57
    Adding new list to a Combo in a call back function Sven Neumann 14 Mar 23:39
   Red Eye Removal Alexander Rabtchevich 13 Mar 19:03
Sven Neumann
2006-03-12 16:31:31 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Red Eye Removal

Hi,

a plug-in or script to do red-eye removal is one of the most prominent feature requests that are coming up over and over again. I wonder if anyone has evaluated the existing scripts and would be willing to either adapt one of them for inclusion with GIMP 2.4 or, alternatively try a different implementation that we can include with 2.4.

It could be interesting to use the SIOX foreground extraction routine for this. Based on a rough selection of the eyes, the algorithm could be useful to select the relevant pixels. Might be worth giving a try. Not sure if the current PDB API for the SIOX tool is good enough for this but we can certainly do the necessary improvements if it isn't.

Any volunteers for this?

Sven

Alexander Rabtchevich
2006-03-13 07:53:13 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Red Eye Removal

First of all, I'm a newbie in script-fu. I've written a plug-in for myself, which implements the approach I've been using manually for some time:

1. It does not select anything, it assumes the selection of the pupils has been made before by user.
2. It remembers the selection in a path (just in case). 2. It creates another image with the size of the selection to save resources.
3. Copies the selection into the new image. 4. Decomposes the new image into RGB channels (new images). 5. Copies the Green channel image and pastes it into the Red channel image. 6. Sets the opacity of the floating selection to 75%. 7. Anchors the floating selection.
8. Copies the Blue channel image and pastes it into Red channel image. 9. Sets the opacity of the floating selection to 25%. 10. Anchors the floating selection.

So, now the former Red channel is 75% of former Green and 25% of former Blue.

11. Composes a new image from 3 images (former Green, former Blue and new Red).
12. Copies the new image and pastes it into the selection of the initial image (with TRUE option).
13. Deletes all the intermediate images.

So, the result is: a floating selection above the initial pupil(s) selection with corrected pupils. If I like the result, I anchor it.

If somebody is interested I can post these trivial code somewhere.

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

a plug-in or script to do red-eye removal is one of the most prominent feature requests that are coming up over and over again. I wonder if anyone has evaluated the existing scripts and would be willing to either adapt one of them for inclusion with GIMP 2.4 or, alternatively try a different implementation that we can include with 2.4.

It could be interesting to use the SIOX foreground extraction routine for this. Based on a rough selection of the eyes, the algorithm could be useful to select the relevant pixels. Might be worth giving a try. Not sure if the current PDB API for the SIOX tool is good enough for this but we can certainly do the necessary improvements if it isn't.

Any volunteers for this?

Sven

Hari
2006-03-13 09:57:44 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi All,

I am trying o change the list associated with a combo in one of the call back functions. I am succeful getting the right number of entries but all the
items are set to the last element.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance -hari

Alexander Rabtchevich
2006-03-13 19:03:51 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Red Eye Removal

And if the result is too colored, I desaturate it manually (with average lighting option).

Sven Neumann
2006-03-14 23:39:38 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Hi,

"Hari" writes:

I am trying o change the list associated with a combo in one of the call back functions. I am succeful getting the right number of entries but all the items are set to the last element.

Please ask such questions on the gtk or gtk-app-devel list. This list is about development of the GNU Image Manipulation Program.

Sven