RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Extended input devices in 2.3.x

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Extended input devices in 2.3.x Larry Battraw 02 Mar 00:35
  Extended input devices in 2.3.x Andrew Zabolotny 03 Mar 09:07
   Extended input devices in 2.3.x Larry Battraw 03 Mar 23:25
Larry Battraw
2006-03-02 00:35:26 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I've tried 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 and neither seem to work with extended input devices (It always says none exist when I try configuring them). 2.2.10 works fine and has no problems with my tablet. I didn't use the configure option to disable extended input devices when building; is there another dependancy/option I'm missing or is it broken in 2.3.x?

Thanks-
Larry

Andrew Zabolotny
2006-03-03 09:07:15 UTC (about 18 years ago)

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:35:26 -0500 "Larry Battraw" wrote:

I've tried 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 and neither seem to work with extended input devices (It always says none exist when I try configuring them). 2.2.10 works fine and has no problems with my tablet. I didn't use the configure option to disable extended input devices when building; is there another dependancy/option I'm missing or is it broken in 2.3.x?

Extended input device support is a feature of GTK and not of GIMP (although haven't seen 2.3.x series, maybe something changed there). The extended input device setup dialog is a standard GTK dialog (see gtk_input_dialog_new()).

Try the scribble-xinput example application from gtk source tree; if it works and in GIMP the dialog says 'no extended input devices' then it indeed seems a GIMP problem.

Larry Battraw
2006-03-03 23:25:22 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Sorry, I should have replied to the list sooner. Another member's (David Gowers) suggestion to use the --with-xinput when compiling GTK worked perfectly.

Thanks-
Larry

On 3/3/06, Andrew Zabolotny wrote:

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:35:26 -0500 "Larry Battraw" wrote:

Extended input device support is a feature of GTK and not of GIMP (although haven't seen 2.3.x series, maybe something changed there). The extended input device setup dialog is a standard GTK dialog (see gtk_input_dialog_new()).