RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

More basic questions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20060128133323.26880.qmail@... 07 Oct 20:24
  More basic questions Leon Brooks 02 Feb 01:20
Leon Brooks
2006-02-02 01:20:41 UTC (about 18 years ago)

More basic questions

On Saturday 28 January 2006 21:33, Todd Relyea wrote:

I apologize for another round of basic GEGL questions...

To start with, I'm an electrical engineer with a programming background (multiple languages), and like many others I'm a fan of GIMP and would like to see it's development move forward (higher bit depth, CMYK, etc.).  Working on GEGL and getting it in to usable shape seems to be where the next big leap for GIMP will come from, and like many others, I've been slogging through the GEGL code trying to make sense of how it's supposed to work.

The quickest way to get a response seems to be: start doing something. Commit a small patch to implement something fairly basic, and see what kind of reaction you get. Said reaction will probably tell you a lot more than "blind" discussion. After a few such shots in the dark, you should be able to start committing in earnest.

Cheers; Leon