RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

cvs-version install(?) problem - please help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Helmut Jarausch 29 Nov 16:51
  cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Carol Spears 29 Nov 18:05
   cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Helmut Jarausch 29 Nov 18:24
    cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Carol Spears 29 Nov 18:40
     cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Helmut Jarausch 29 Nov 21:39
      cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Carol Spears 29 Nov 21:55
    cvs-version install(?) problem - please help Nathan Summers 29 Nov 18:51
Helmut Jarausch
2005-11-29 16:51:48 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

I have a standard (see below) installation of Gimp 2.3.6 (cvs 2005/11/28) . It works fine but I cannot access most of the 102 Script-Fu procedures installed under /usr/local/share/gimp/2.0/scripts except color-wb-balance and asc2img. I do see those procedures which I copied to ~/.gimp-2.3/scripts.

The procedures are listed unter Xtns->Procedure Browse e.g. as script-fu-fade-outline but not under the Script-Fu popup menu or anywhere else.

I don't have these problems with version 2.2.8. I've checked the permissions of all subpaths of /usr/local/share/gimp/2.0/scripts

What could be the reason?

Many thanks for a hint, Helmut.

I've built this version with

./autogen.sh CFLAGS='-O3 -march=pentium3' CXXFLAGS='-O3 -march=pentium3' ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local --enable-python make install

so, nothing special

Carol Spears
2005-11-29 18:05:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 04:51:48PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

I have a standard (see below) installation of Gimp 2.3.6 (cvs 2005/11/28) . It works fine but I cannot access most of the 102 Script-Fu procedures installed under /usr/local/share/gimp/2.0/scripts except color-wb-balance and asc2img. I do see those procedures which I copied to ~/.gimp-2.3/scripts.

The procedures are listed unter Xtns->Procedure Browse e.g. as script-fu-fade-outline but not under the Script-Fu popup menu or anywhere else.

there has been some reordering to the menus with the goal of making it invisible to the user if the plug-in is written in C or script-fu or perl-fu or python-fu or whatever else....

another change is that now you can register scripts into the menu or and more with the exception of and (at the moment).

use the plug-in browser to see where they have gone. you might notice the new Colors path in the upper-level of the image menu....

one thing that i find confusing now is that some of the paths the plug-in browser shows are not reflected in the menus. for example /Xtns/Languages/Python-fu appears in the menu as /Xtns/Python-fu.

i hope that solves your problem.

carol

Helmut Jarausch
2005-11-29 18:24:30 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 29 Nov, Carol Spears wrote:

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 04:51:48PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

there has been some reordering to the menus with the goal of making it invisible to the user if the plug-in is written in C or script-fu or perl-fu or python-fu or whatever else....

another change is that now you can register scripts into the menu or and more with the exception of and (at the moment).

use the plug-in browser to see where they have gone. you might notice the new Colors path in the upper-level of the image menu....

one thing that i find confusing now is that some of the paths the plug-in browser shows are not reflected in the menus. for example /Xtns/Languages/Python-fu appears in the menu as /Xtns/Python-fu.

i hope that solves your problem.

Yes, thanks. So the next questions is about a "high level" changelog.

Helmut.

Carol Spears
2005-11-29 18:40:32 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 06:24:30PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

define "high level" and how it is used to describe a changelog?

carol

Nathan Summers
2005-11-29 18:51:25 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 11/29/05, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

That is more-or-less what the NEWS file is supposed to be.

Rockwalrus

Helmut Jarausch
2005-11-29 21:39:11 UTC (over 18 years ago)

In levels

- end user visible - visible for a user who writes a script - visible for a user whu writes a plugin (C-code)

Helmut

Carol Spears
2005-11-29 21:55:01 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:39:11PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

In levels

- end user visible - visible for a user who writes a script - visible for a user whu writes a plugin (C-code)

one of the problems with that is that we do not know exactly how the menus will be in the 2.4 release. there is some usability project, however it seems that this project has too many UI experts from way to many schools for anyone to be able to determine what the menus will look like.

i barely have enough time myself to write the tutorials, participate in the splash contest, try to keep the gimp planets from being hacked, remain friends with the gimp developers, use the toilet, answer personal email from people who are trying to use gimp for good projects, find some food, sleep and then actually do the things i would like to do with gimp....

there are a lot of people who want things. there are a lot of other people who are riding for free.

what you have is a development version. there are many more promises about the stable version and things are at least more clearly outlined for the average user. i will make certain that there is some thing online for the stable version if and when it is released. making certain that all this stuff you need is covered might extend the date as it is reasonable to expect something like this for a stable release.

thank you for trying out gimp and sharing your needs here, carol