RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Announcing Gimp-Perl 2.2, Pre 1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Announcing Gimp-Perl 2.2, Pre 1 Seth Burgess 24 Nov 02:07
Seth Burgess
2005-11-24 02:07:51 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Announcing Gimp-Perl 2.2, Pre 1

Hi Gimp Developer Types!

I'm happy to announce that, after a long hiatus, Gimp-Perl is semi-officially back.

You can snag yourself a copy at:

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.2/perl/Gimp-2.2pre1.tar.gz (a cvs checkout of gimp-perl from the Gnome CVS will also get you this)

This doesn't really have a lot of new features over previous Gimp-Perl, but has been updated in several spots to reflect Gimp 2.2/2.3. Its better tested that any previous release, but I'm sure still has plenty of bugs in it.

There are certain prerequisites for this release that may not have been present in previous releases. The configuration system has been largely redone, so even if you were able to compile previous versions, you may need to look at this again.

Gimp 2.2 or 2.3, and associated development libraries Gtk perl module
Glib perl module
PDL perl module
ExtUtils::PkgConfig perl module
ExtUtils::Depends perl module
Perl 5.8 or better

With these installed, 'perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install' should install Gimp-Perl on your system. Some plugins may require other external utilities (such as TeX), but aren't explictly listed here.

Thanks to Carol Spears for her contributions in helping get the plugins up-to-date, being a good tester, and generally a motivating force. Thanks also go out to others that have shown interest in the project for the past couple of years.

I'm not able to devote a ton of time to this project, but please let me know of any problems you find (or better yet any fixes). After some period of time, I'll make it 2.2 final or another pre release depending on feedback.

Happy GIMPing!

Seth Burgess sjburges@gimp.org