RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 10th Birthday Splash Contest

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 10th Birthday Splash Contest Carol Spears 21 Nov 13:19
Carol Spears
2005-11-21 13:19:09 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GIMP 10th Birthday Splash Contest

Hi,

we did it. a 10th Anniversary GIMP Splash Contest has officially begun on the day of the anniversary/birthday.

the first thing to mention that the word Anniversary appears all over the contest pages and in the GIMP News. the word Birthday is equally appropriate and should be used if it fits your splash better.

splashes will be required to have a tutorial accompany them. consider it a little gift for Wilber and Wilma. i personally consider this a great way to get new material for gimp that is not the same old stuff from the same old people. and if the same old people have some new stuff, they will need to submit a tutorial as well....

a minimum requirement for tutorials is a text file listing the steps and plug-ins you had gimp go through to make the image. telling the values you fed to the plug-ins will make a better tutorial. if you would like to include screen shots and your image in the pre-final stages of its making, feel free to include all of that. if you are handy with html, go ahead and write that as well.

put all of the tutorial information, text and images, into an archive file, either zipped format or gzipped tarball and upload that with your splash submission.

the contest begins about an hour ago and will end on November 27 (7 days later).

the developers will review the submissions and pick the one they think best reflects gimp for its birthday. at the present, they are not complaining about the contest -- it is a good sign!

when i was ten years old, the world seemed to be simple and very nice. it seems fitting to me to think that gimp is much like that now. ten is nice.

carol