RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

C++ wrapper?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

9 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 2.3.5 cvs compile fails Timo Gerke 22 Oct 17:20
  GIMP 2.3.5 cvs compile fails michael chang 22 Oct 19:22
   C++ wrapper? David Hodson 23 Oct 05:50
    C++ wrapper? Carol Spears 23 Oct 08:14
    C++ wrapper? Jay Cox 23 Oct 09:35
     C++ wrapper? David Hodson 24 Oct 14:30
      C++ wrapper? Jay Cox 27 Oct 07:26
   GIMP 2.3.5 cvs compile fails Timo Gerke 23 Oct 11:35
435B590F.7020203@web.de 07 Oct 20:24
  GIMP 2.3.5 cvs compile fails michael chang 23 Oct 23:49
Timo Gerke
2005-10-22 17:20:43 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GIMP 2.3.5 cvs compile fails

Hi all,

I just checked out cvs gimp 2.3.5. As I tried to compile it, it complained that gimp-print isn't installed. So far this is right but I know that gutenprint (yes, the developement files too) is installed on my system.

So configure has stopped running.

I guess that gutenprint is not yet supported by gimp. I'd like to print in gimp.

Is gutenprint palnned to be supported in the next time?

Kind regards, Timo Gerke

michael chang
2005-10-22 19:22:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 10/22/05, Timo Gerke wrote:

Hi all,

I just checked out cvs gimp 2.3.5. As I tried to compile it, it complained that gimp-print isn't installed. So far this is right but I know that gutenprint (yes, the developement files too) is installed on my system.

I guess that gutenprint is not yet supported by gimp. I'd like to print in gimp.

Very Untrue! Gutenprint is very much supported by GIMP.

Did you install the gutenprint development libraries/packages? Or did you install it from scratch (a.k.a from sources)? If neither, then GIMP won't find gutenprint's sources (which it needs to link with in order to make the print plugin).

If you're in a rush, you can also disable the print plugin. (But you won't be able to print).

Do note you'll also need the python development libraries unless you explicitly disable python support.....

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents
- No man is an island, and no man is unable.

David Hodson
2005-10-23 05:50:49 UTC (over 18 years ago)

C++ wrapper?

An idle query:
Has anyone written a C++ wrapper for the Gimp API?

Carol Spears
2005-10-23 08:14:55 UTC (over 18 years ago)

C++ wrapper?

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 01:50:49PM +1000, David Hodson wrote:

An idle query:

there is a C# plug-in somewhere. that is probably not a wrapper though.

carol

Jay Cox
2005-10-23 09:35:38 UTC (over 18 years ago)

C++ wrapper?

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 13:50 +1000, David Hodson wrote:

An idle query:

I have written a wrapper for a small subset of the gimp api.

I have partially wrapped GimpDrawable, GimpChannel, GimpLayer, and GimpImage. I only wrapped the functions I needed at the time. The pixel functions would need rewriting because they depend on a closed source library.

If anyone was interested I would be happy to share what I have.

Jay Cox jaycox@gimp.org

Timo Gerke
2005-10-23 11:35:25 UTC (over 18 years ago)

michael chang schrieb:

Hi all,

Did you install the gutenprint development libraries/packages? Or did you install it from scratch (a.k.a from sources)? If neither, then GIMP won't find gutenprint's sources (which it needs to link with in order to make the print plugin).

If you're in a rush, you can also disable the print plugin. (But you won't be able to print).

Do note you'll also need the python development libraries unless you explicitly disable python support.....

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents

michael chang
2005-10-23 23:49:33 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 10/23/05, Timo Gerke wrote:

michael chang schrieb:

Hi all,

I'm wondering gutenprint development (version 5.0-rc1, debian package) are insatlled on my system.

I just installed libgnomeprint/libgnomeprintui 2.10.3 developement files. They are detected by configure.

That's not the same as gutenprint or gimp-print...

Try installing libgutenprint-dev and libgutenprintui2-dev packages (and their dependencies) and then try again.

aptitude install libgutenprint-dev libgutenprintui2-dev as root should do the trick.

I also installed python development files. May be 2.3 is too old?

I doubt it - either way, python has nothing to do with printing (last I checked).

--
~Mike
- Just my two cents

David Hodson
2005-10-24 14:30:32 UTC (over 18 years ago)

C++ wrapper?

Jay Cox wrote:

I'd like to see it, although I won't promise to do anything with it. Can you put it up somewhere?

Jay Cox
2005-10-27 07:26:31 UTC (over 18 years ago)

C++ wrapper?

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 22:30 +1000, David Hodson wrote:

Jay Cox wrote:

I'd like to see it, although I won't promise to do anything with it. Can you put it up somewhere?

I have uploaded it at: http://www.electricmessiah.org/gimpx/

Jay Cox jaycox@gimp.org