RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Survey of usability in open source software development

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

OT: Survey of usability in open source software development Simon Ormholt Schrøder 03 Oct 09:59
  OT: Survey of usability in open source software development Sven Neumann 03 Oct 19:23
  Survey of usability in open source software development jernej@ena.si 03 Oct 21:01
   Survey of usability in open source software development Bill Kendrick 03 Oct 23:09
    Survey of usability in open source software development michael chang 04 Oct 03:18
    Survey of usability in open source software development Leon Brooks 04 Oct 03:23
Simon Ormholt Schrøder
2005-10-03 09:59:40 UTC (over 18 years ago)

OT: Survey of usability in open source software development

Hi Gimp developers

We are currently working on a university project concerning usability in open source software development. The goal of the project is to develop and test new methods for usability testing in projects where developers and users are not located at the same physical location. You can read more about the project at:
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~sieker

Right now we are conducting an electronic survey to get an overview of current usability effort within the open source community. We encourage you to participate at
http://www.sieker.dk/survey/survey.php?sid=28 (the survey takes approx. 15-20 minuttes)

The results of our project will be available to the open source community.

We thank all of you who consider participating and we apologize in advance for using your mailing list for this purpose.

Morten Sieker Andreasen Simon Ormholt Schroeder
Henrik Villemann Nielsen

Department of Computer Science Aalborg University, Denmark

Sven Neumann
2005-10-03 19:23:58 UTC (over 18 years ago)

OT: Survey of usability in open source software development

Hi,

Simon Ormholt Schrøder writes:

Right now we are conducting an electronic survey to get an overview of current usability effort within the open source community. We encourage you to participate at http://www.sieker.dk/survey/survey.php?sid=28

I would love to participate in the survey and went to that website, only to find out that the designers of this online survey decided that my standard font size is way too large and that I should rather spend 20 minutes reading text in font-size "x-small". That makes the page pretty much unusable. I know how to workaround this problem, but could you please consider to fix your CSS in order to make your survey more attractive to other potential participants? Thanks.

Sven

jernej@ena.si
2005-10-03 21:01:46 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Monday, October 3, 2005, 9:59:40, Simon Ormholt Schrøder wrote:

Right now we are conducting an electronic survey to get an overview of current usability effort within the open source community. We encourage you to participate at
http://www.sieker.dk/survey/survey.php?sid=28 (the survey takes approx. 15-20 minuttes)

I tried to participate in the survey, but it won't let me past the 1st page of questions (Country, City, Age, Occupation) - when I click Next Page, the page just reloads (with my answers inserted).

Bill Kendrick
2005-10-03 23:09:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:01:46PM +0200, jernej@ena.si wrote:

I tried to participate in the survey, but it won't let me past the 1st page of questions (Country, City, Age, Occupation) - when I click Next Page, the page just reloads (with my answers inserted).

It worked fine for me. I filled out the survey from my Tux Paint leadership role. :^)

Perhaps reloading the same page is its way of saying "you haven't filled out the required fields"...?

I used Mozilla on WinXP (ugh) with JavaScript (ugh) enabled, in case it matters.

michael chang
2005-10-04 03:18:32 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On 10/3/05, Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:01:46PM +0200, jernej@ena.si wrote:

It worked fine for me. I filled out the survey from my Tux Paint leadership role. :^)

Perhaps reloading the same page is its way of saying "you haven't filled out the required fields"...?

I used Mozilla on WinXP (ugh) with JavaScript (ugh) enabled, in case it matters.

I haven't filled out the survey (I don't consider myself a GIMP developer yet per-se, as I haven't actually contributed code to the GIMP or even done major testing), but I can go back and forth on the first few pages... Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 on Debian Linux Unstable, both with Javascript Enabled and Disabled.

-- ~Mike
- Just my two cents
- No man is an island, and no man is unable.

Leon Brooks
2005-10-04 03:23:52 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 05:09, Bill Kendrick wrote:

IW4M. Konqueror on KDE 3.4.2 (Mandriva 2006), everything enabled.

Cheers; Leon