RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GLib requirement bumped to 2.8.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GLib requirement bumped to 2.8.0 Sven Neumann 26 Sep 01:32
Sven Neumann
2005-09-26 01:32:26 UTC (over 18 years ago)

GLib requirement bumped to 2.8.0

Hi,

I am sorry that I couldn't have announced this earlier. But when I tried to build the 2.3.4 tarball tonight, I ran into the problem that due to a change in glib 2.8, the --dump-gimprc-manpage and --dump-gimprc-system command-line options stopped working. These are needed for 'make dist'. So I had to do now what was actually planned to happen after the 2.3.4 release. The HEAD branch of gimp now requires glib >= 2.8.0. The GTK+ dependency is still on 2.6 and is supposed to stay there for a while. It will probably also be bumped to 2.8 before GIMP 2.4 is released, but we will try to wait until more distros have caught up and provide binary packages of GTK+ 2.8. I hope that updating to GLib 2.8 doesn't cause too much trouble for anyone of you.

Sven

PS: Due to this problem, I will probably delay the 2.3.4 release until tomorrow.