RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New Colors toplevel menu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New Colors toplevel menu Akkana Peck 01 Aug 07:20
  New Colors toplevel menu Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 01 Aug 14:24
   New Colors toplevel menu Akkana Peck 01 Aug 18:01
    New Colors toplevel menu Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 01 Aug 18:30
     New Colors toplevel menu Kevin Cozens 04 Aug 20:36
New Colors toplevel menu shaneyfelt@juno.com 04 Aug 22:16
  New Colors toplevel menu Bill Kendrick 04 Aug 22:20
Akkana Peck
2005-08-01 07:20:41 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

I've posted a patch to bug 116145 which would move all the color operations -- currently in Image/Mode, Layers/Colors, and Filters/Colors -- to a new top-level menu called Colors. (See the bug for the request and discussion of that.)

If I don't hear any objections I'll commit it in a day or so.

One issue is that it makes for an awfully long menu (see screenshot attached to the bug). Probably some of the items in it should be moved to a submenu -- e.g. move everything that was previously in Filters->Colors to Colors->Filters? Please post any suggestions here or in the bug.

...Akkana

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-08-01 14:24:27 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

I am fine with Layers Colors and FIlters integration, if submenus are used in an efficeint way.

I am not so sure about Image->Modes , unless tehre is a ubmenu Colors->Image to indicate taht thos ewill operate ont eh whole image instead of a drawable. But then, they could just stay were they are.

JS ->

On Monday 01 August 2005 02:20, Akkana Peck wrote:

I've posted a patch to bug 116145 which would move all the color operations -- currently in Image/Mode, Layers/Colors, and Filters/Colors -- to a new top-level menu called Colors. (See the bug for the request and discussion of that.)

If I don't hear any objections I'll commit it in a day or so.

One issue is that it makes for an awfully long menu (see screenshot attached to the bug). Probably some of the items in it should be moved to a submenu -- e.g. move everything that was previously in Filters->Colors to Colors->Filters? Please post any suggestions here or in the bug.

...Akkana

Akkana Peck
2005-08-01 18:01:14 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris writes:

I am not so sure about Image->Modes , unless tehre is a ubmenu Colors->Image to indicate taht thos ewill operate ont eh whole image instead of a drawable. But then, they could just stay were they are.

How about calling it "Image Mode" rather than just "Mode"?

...Akkana

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-08-01 18:30:55 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

On Monday 01 August 2005 13:01, Akkana Peck wrote:

That would be reasonable as far as I am concerned.

...Akkana

Kevin Cozens
2005-08-04 20:36:12 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

On Monday 01 August 2005 13:01, Akkana Peck wrote:

While "Image Mode" affects the colours of the image I would probably wind up looking for it under the Image submenu rather than the colours menu. If it was called "Colour Mode" then I would expect to be looking for it in the Colours menu.

shaneyfelt@juno.com
2005-08-04 22:16:56 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

Perhaps mode isn't the most descriptive word for the feature. A word like "Gamut" might be more appropriate.

_-T

Bill Kendrick
2005-08-04 22:20:16 UTC (over 18 years ago)

New Colors toplevel menu

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 08:16:56PM +0000, shaneyfelt@juno.com wrote:

Perhaps mode isn't the most descriptive word for the feature. A word like "Gamut" might be more appropriate.

(coming out of lurk)

Heh, while we're at it, can we get palettes with > 256 colors? ;^)

(going back into lurk)

-bill!