RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu Script Progress

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu Script Progress michael chang 27 Jul 00:43
  Script-Fu Script Progress Sven Neumann 27 Jul 12:08
michael chang
2005-07-27 00:43:01 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

I've been experimenting with writing Script-Fu scripts in Gimp 2.2.27 on Debian Linux. The particular script I'm working on is based on a script that "rotoscopes" a selection on single frame, except that it has been modified to use glob to find a list of files, and select-by-color to select the area to "rotoscope", as well as to go into the Xtns menu as opposed to the Image-Script-Fu menu. [I also remember reading about the menu reorganization in CVS, and when that version comes out and I upgrade, I will try and update the script as necessary.] Anyways, when running the script, it takes a while, and I notice that at the bottom of the Script-Fu dialogue for that script (and many others) there is a "Script Progress" indicator that lists the current command being executed and the percentage display for any plugins that run.

What I'm wondering is if there is any function that allows me to display a percentage back to the user using that percentage bar when it's not in use by a plugin, because the script does take a while to run. I'm aware of the gimp-message output functions, but I find these aren't feisable when simply reporting the percentage complete to the user (me). In particular, I simply wish to report which frame is complete, for example if I'm rotoscoping using the glob "image???.png" and the glob returns 180 files, and I work on all of them and I'm keeping count, I want to be able to report I'm done e.g. file 20 of 180 as a percentage on the bar and/or through a status line [preferably either the former or both as opposed to just the latter].

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, including a reference to any documentation.

Sven Neumann
2005-07-27 12:08:53 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hi,

michael chang writes:

What I'm wondering is if there is any function that allows me to display a percentage back to the user using that percentage bar when it's not in use by a plugin, because the script does take a while to run. I'm aware of the gimp-message output functions, but I find these aren't feisable when simply reporting the percentage complete to the user (me). In particular, I simply wish to report which frame is complete, for example if I'm rotoscoping using the glob "image???.png" and the glob returns 180 files, and I work on all of them and I'm keeping count, I want to be able to report I'm done e.g. file 20 of 180 as a percentage on the bar and/or through a status line [preferably either the former or both as opposed to just the latter].

gimp-progress-update doesn't work for you?

Sven