RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scanner interface in Windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Scanner interface in Windows David Andres Parra Marquez 17 Jul 02:49
  Scanner interface in Windows Leon Brooks 17 Jul 03:40
David Andres Parra Marquez
2005-07-17 02:49:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,
I'm new in this whole GIMP development and I'm really looking forward to get working on it. I'm developing a DICOM GUI for a Secondary Capture IOD machine (all Dicom stuff) and I think the best way to create this system is using mysql, apache, ctn, PHP, GIMP and PHPGTK. I need to create a GUI for a user so he can scan radiology images using certain scanner and, in the same interface, fill in a form with DICOM information. The image and data should be saved in .dcm. How to begin?
I know in Unix there's SANE/XSANE, but the computer which will be helding the scanner surely will be running Windows. Thanks in advance.

Leon Brooks
2005-07-17 03:40:06 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Sunday 17 July 2005 08:49, David Andres Parra Marquez wrote:

I know in Unix there's SANE/XSANE, but the computer which will be helding the scanner surely will be running Windows. Thanks in advance.

I think there's a TWAIN backend for SANE which will get around that little hiccup, ask on the SANE lists.

Cheers; Leon